Latest News...Woody acquires legendary Vox !

Woody_in_MN

Coptic Orthodox Deacon
Is it the AC30? No Maybe the AC15? Kinda looks like one - but no. I picked up the all solid state, but still lengendary Vox Pathfinder 15R. I had been looking for one of these for awhile. On CL I saw a local Pawn Shop had one in clean condition. Going down to the Pawn Shop to buy it probably scared me for life. (Either there is a lot of stealing going on - and/or the economy is shit. Lots of people pawning stuff even the day before a holiday.) After waiting for about 20 minutes I finally got a clerk to show me the Vox. Seeing that these are selling for $150 or more on eBay - I got a very good deal on this. I had never played one before - but this little (8" speaker) combo is the king of crunch. It has a deep golden clean - but does amazing crunch. This thing is extremely loud for 15 watts - seems more like 40 watts. The only real down side is it does not do anything like metal. With boost on and gain about at noon - it sounds like a hot rodded Fender, or perhaps a hot rodded Vox AC30. If I do want more of a Marshall/Rectified tone I plug in my Marshall overdrive. I also plugged in my Cool Cat Metal pedal and that sounded even better. I have played it since I got it on Sunday. I am quite delighted with it. Pics...

PATHFINDER_2.JPG

PATHFINDER_3.JPG

PATHFINDER_4.JPG

PATHFINDER_5.JPG

I've heard good things about those, but I'm sort of scratching my head at your "doesn't do metal" comment: Vox is hardly a fixture on the backline of most metal acts!!!! cop0

Oh -- forgot the HNAD! disco-084

Thanks All

If you like the Vox tone - this is getting it on the cheap. Too bad they don't make this one anymore.

Frankly, as popular as these were, I can't believe Vox discontinued them. Maybe they'll come back down the road.

HNP15rD, Woody :thu:

Nice little amp. Got mine for $70.00 2 years ago. Stick a pedal in front it for metal.

I had one of those many moons ago. I don't even remember what it sounded like.

HNAD!

So how's the reverb on it? I already had the non-reverbed Patherfinder 15 when those came out, so I never bothered to upgrade.

Back