Latest Ford Focus RS....awesome go fast hot hatch

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
Ford has released some details on the new Focus RS hot hatch.

AWD with active torque management, turbo 2.3L 4 banger with 320+ HP and 320+ lb/ft of torque, twins scroll turbo with FMIC, 6 speed stick, adjustable suspension. Rumor mill suggests the engine will be closer to 350 HP, and is a hopped up variant of the mustang EcoBoost motor with reworked heads, a beefier turbo, better intercooler, and thicker cylinder liners. Car should be capable of sub 5 second 0-60 blasts. Seems Ford is taking the high end hot hatch to the land of the STI. The RS model typically doesn't make it here, but this one is supposed to hit the US market next year.

An article with some pics....

http://jalopnik.com/2016-ford-focus-rs-this-is-your-320-hp-awd-monster-ha-1683323602

bu7qub1jsyvkwsii53re.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. I love that 2.3 litre in my Galaxy, it takes a beating still with almost 160,000 miles has not needed anything motorwise so far. Of course their going to be compressing the hell out of this version. Good platform though, sounds sport(ish) in it's normal state as well.

drool0

I'd have to learn how to drive a stick, though :embarrassed:

I want one of the new 2015 Focuses (Foci), but I don't want to take a chance on getting one with a crappy dual-clutch tranny.

Back