Late 60s Solid State Vox in a Box

Yeah. For that price is probably just buy a used Vox pathfinder and whatever pedals you already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That demo is kind of stupid. Why demo a Vox pedal through an Orange amp? Vox and Orange tones are different universes. So it just sounds like a new psychedelic album from LA.

Yeah. For that price is probably just buy a used Vox pathfinder and whatever pedals you already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am loving my Pathfinder. There was on on GC last week for $90.00.

It got snapped up quick.

"Set the Yoko knob to its first position and pull the Bass knob back all the way down, and your guitar sounds like an AM radio station coming out of a 6” speaker."

I don't remember the last time I was chasing the AM-radio-through-a-6"-speaker tone. :shrug:

Based on the prices for all of the AC-30 pedals (Wampler, Ace FX, Carl Martin, Tech 21, etc.), it's in the ballpark for a specialty voice Vox in a box pedal.

I suspect a solid state amp, a fuzz of your choice, and any cheap wah wah could get you in the ballpark.

I think that can be said of almost any set-up, that if you have a decent somewhat similar amp and work with it and some pedals you can almost always get in the ballpark. But stuff like this isn't marketed for the ballpark...it's for gullible guitar geeks that want that sound, but could never swing the real gear. Hell, even some that have the real gear will likely buy this to compare and/or to use in a gig situations where they'd rather not take the real stuff.

"Set the Yoko knob to its first position and pull the Bass knob back all the way down, and your guitar sounds like an AM radio station coming out of a 6” speaker."

I don't remember the last time I was chasing the AM-radio-through-a-6"-speaker tone. :shrug:

It's funny. When my old band was recording our first CD, there was a break down in one of songs and I asked the engineer if there was a way we could make the vocals sound like they were coming out of an old AM radio. :grin:

He patched in a Boss OD in the vocal track and it did it. Skip to the 2 minute mark so you don't have to listen to our crap :grin:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=463945&songID=4202336

Back