laptop display disaster

bumped into the display and it went bonkers. replacement on order and waiting for shop to call so i can drop it off for replacement. but i also have a 24" tv and have hdmi'd them together so i can still be online. but that's $160 i wasn't planning on spending ::)mad:

28436230519_f7bb063767_b.jpg

laptop mojo!

I managed to pour a glass of water all over mine last week, but I managed to get it to power off with no issues right away and dried it out (and let it just sit out and dry for a full week before attempting to power it back on) and it actually seems to be fine now.

laptop mojo!

I managed to pour a glass of water all over mine last week, but I managed to get it to power off with no issues right away and dried it out (and let it just sit out and dry for a full week before attempting to power it back on) and it actually seems to be fine now.
that's very lucky.

Mojo sent. I'm on the third or fourth keyboard for our desktop in the family room. They are beyond cheap, like ten bucks from Amazon. Daughter keeps spilling shit on them, then the keys stick. Just a PITA to keep ordering them. This time, it was the numbers on the far right. You could still use the numbers at the top but, it's slow that way and wife is getting shit ready to go see tax guy.

Mojo sent. I'm on the third or fourth keyboard for our desktop in the family room. They are beyond cheap, like ten bucks from Amazon. Daughter keeps spilling shit on them, then the keys stick. Just a PITA to keep ordering them. This time, it was the numbers on the far right. You could still use the numbers at the top but, it's slow that way and wife is getting shit ready to go see tax guy.
when i have issues with desktop keyboards, i just go to walmart and pick one up for less than $10. i wouldln't pay the shipping on one.

when i have issues with desktop keyboards, i just go to walmart and pick one up for less than $10. i wouldln't pay the shipping on one.

I'm not the most technical guy. Not sure what will and won't work with our computer. My son put together a Rasberry Pi and the keyboard he got for that worked with our desktop so, I keep ordering the same one.

I'm not the most technical guy. Not sure what will and won't work with our computer. My son put together a Rasberry Pi and the keyboard he got for that worked with our desktop so, I keep ordering the same one.

Pretty much any USB or wireless keyboard will work, except if you haz a mac, then you need the pretty white one. Have you thought about buying in bulk and saving a few $$?:grin:

Pretty much any USB or wireless keyboard will work, except if you haz a mac, then you need the pretty white one. Have you thought about buying in bulk and saving a few $$?:grin:

A few more months and she will be gone. Got to keep her two extra years, not being able to afford 4 years for all three kids, first two years they all go to community college and still live at home. Then, new couch and a bunch of new other things we have been waiting to get.

yea......got the laptop back today with a brand new display :bluesdance:

i am mobile once again.

I wish I'd seen this earlier.

My son cracked the upper left screen of his laptop a few months ago and it had a similar chaotic pattern of crap. I found a replacement screen from Amazon for $28 shipped and when it came in, I installed it in about 20 min with standard tools. Works perfectly.

Glad your replacement worked out

I wish I'd seen this earlier.

My son cracked the upper left screen of his laptop a few months ago and it had a similar chaotic pattern of crap. I found a replacement screen from Amazon for $28 shipped and when it came in, I installed it in about 20 min with standard tools. Works perfectly.

Glad your replacement worked out

yea....this replacement cost about $160 :facepalm:

but i couldn't replace the laptop for anywhere near that. idn_smilie

Back