Laphroaig 10 yr.

We could do that, you're not too far away. Shipping looks like a nightmare, sorry @LeftyTom, @Theodore. Maybe I can get down that way to see these Allesandro Fender amps or hit New Hope.

If you make it down this way, give me a holler. I stopped by that shop on Saturday for a pack of acoustic strings and George was dropping a few amps off.

Just got back from Total wine and Liqour where oddly enough the cashier had a 'man bun" ....the second one i saw today...anyway I picked up a bottle of 10 y Laphroiag and I am digging the heck golly gee out of it...damn fine stuff! Previous to this my only scotch experience was a Speyside (I believe it started with a t) which was early on in my whisky drinking and i just shot glassed it :facepalm: so I wanted something bold and polarizing but with a good price the Lap i had heard of and knew it was a storied Distillery. it was 24 bucks fwiw. this is great stuff...very spicey for lack of moar sophisticated description...the nose at first smells like a hospital rubbing alcohol but it has won me over...mouthfeel is all up front and lingers a almost banana like peppery smokey type thing....it's good. I'm ready to dive into the world of Scotch.

here's a cool documentary i'm watching on the Lap

and a little "cheat sheat" on Scotch (i already knew thew regions were very specific to taste) https://flaviar.com/blog/your-cheat-sheet-to-scottish-whisky-regions

hope this helps

Saw this docu last night, is pretty interesting if you are a scotch fan. Nice visuals too.

upload_2019-11-30_18-13-31.jpeg

I'm working on a bottle of Lagavulin 16 lately, I think that might be my favorite islay

Thanks again @surfsteve for letting me take that off your hands. It was great meeting you.

Today's gonna be day 3 on this year's scotch advent calendar.:Wave:

Great meeting you too. And for showing me D-Town Guitars. Still haven't put that Greenback speaker i got there in the amp I was going to.

Sorry I had other work commitments that day and couldn't linger.

I'm going to try some more Scotch, maybe near Xmas. I'll try something less peaty. Recommendations?

Great meeting you too. And for showing me D-Town Guitars. Still haven't put that Greenback speaker i got there in the amp I was going to.

Sorry I had other work commitments that day and couldn't linger.

I'm going to try some more Scotch, maybe near Xmas. I'll try something less peaty. Recommendations?

If you want to go in the completely opposite direction, Glenmorainge 10 would be a good pick.

This is a few years old but still a great starting point to identify what fits your preferences:
Map_0.jpg

If you want to go in the completely opposite direction, Glenmorainge 10 would be a good pick.

This is a few years old but still a great starting point to identify what fits your preferences:
Map_0.jpg
Will check out. How's things in OR? Thanks!

Back