KURT COBAIN ROAD WORN® JAGUAR®

If you like the instrument and if the price is right, then I really don't see why it being a signature model should factor into it.

I'm sure that many people appreciate Les Paul, but I doubt that many could describe themselves as serious fans of his music.

Wouldn't get it for the fact it is Kurt Cobain related. Cannot stand that guy. I normally never speak ill of the deceased but I cant stand anything related to him. Do love Jaguars though.
This, except I don't really like Jaguars, either.

And this thread is fucking awesome.

I guess what infuriates me most about this is the fact that someone thought he deserved a signature guitar.

Ergo, he was a SIGNATURE guitar player.....

I have a problem with that. Kurt Cobain was a lousy guitar player.

And then some whore figured they could make a buck and agreed to putting his name on it, which is everything Kurt stood against.

Fuck this guitar, man......just....fuck it.

As for Kurt the man.....not a fan. If that offends you that I think he was a fucking douche-bag for blowing his head off and leaving a one year old, because he was a wretched, put-upon, multi-millionaire, self-destructive heroin addict, well.....not sure what to tell you.

The guitar itself is comical, and Fender ought to be fucking ashamed of themselves. As should whoever decided that putting his name on this to get a buck was a good idea.

Fuck that shit.

I guess what infuriates me most about this is the fact that someone thought he deserved a signature guitar.

Ergo, he was a SIGNATURE guitar player.....

I have a problem with that. Kurt Cobain was a lousy guitar player.

And then some whore figured they could make a buck and agreed to putting his name on it, which is everything Kurt stood against.

Fuck this guitar, man......just....fuck it.

As for Kurt the man.....not a fan. If that offends you that I think he was a fucking douche-bag for blowing his head off and leaving a one year old, because he was a wretched, put-upon, multi-millionaire, self-destructive heroin addict, well.....not sure what to tell you.

The guitar itself is comical, and Fender ought to be fucking ashamed of themselves. As should whoever decided that putting his name on this to get a buck was a good idea.

Fuck that shit.

Wow. You can drop the F-bomb. nice. Excellent use of reason and intellect there.

Not saying Kurt led an admirable life in a personal sense. But if we are going to ding him, would we ding Hendrix model guitar if there was one with jokes about being covered in aspirated vomit? Regarding player, signature player in terms of pure guitar skill? Of course not. As I said, the abject hate and disdain that Kurt receives really puzzles me, when many other artists pissed away their lives, hurting their families and loved ones along the way. Not a perfect man by any stretch. But one worthy of a bit of human compassion, like any human is. So yes, the F-U judgy pissy attitude, and the need some feel to come in and express it any time his name is mentioned does offend me.

I will stand up for his song craft, and ability to come up with a sound that caught my ear, and apparently the ear of many others. A lot sooner than what Hendrix was doing ever caught my ear. Hendrix's playing didn't really interest me until I started playing guitar, and could appreciate what he was doing. So, what is worth a signature is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
Cobain's suicide was tragic, not contemptible. He wasn't a war criminal.

A signature guitar is not a Lifetime Achievement Award for Progressing the Guitar. It's just an indication that he had a lot of fans, and inspired many people to pick up a guitar, often for the first time.

Fender is in it for the money. Shocking. They're a business, and there's nothing wrong with that. If it sells, and if Cobain's daughter gets a little bit of cash, then that's great.

Last edited:
If you like the instrument and if the price is right, then I really don't see why it being a signature model should factor into it.

I'm sure that many people appreciate Les Paul, but I doubt that many could describe themselves as serious fans of his music.
My only beef with a signature guitar is that most of them are incredibly specific to the artists tastes. If thats what you want thats cool but usually it doesn't work for me. And I always feel like I'm playing dress up when I get stuck playing a students Stevie Ray Vaughan or Yngwie strat.

The Eric Johnson strat is a signature guitar I don't mind so much because the cosmetic element is pretty muted.

Reactions: Tig
My only beef with a signature guitar is that most of them are incredibly specific to the artists tastes. If thats what you want thats cool but usually it doesn't work for me. And I always feel like I'm playing dress up when I get stuck playing a students Stevie Ray Vaughan or Yngwie strat.

The Eric Johnson strat is a signature guitar I don't mind so much because the cosmetic element is pretty muted.

That's totally fair.

What I don't get is "I really like this guitar, and I'd totally buy it, but it has the words 'Johnny Greenwood' on the headstock, and that's a deal breaker."

That's totally fair.

What I don't get is "I really like this guitar, and I'd totally buy it, but it has the words 'Johnny Greenwood' on the headstock, and that's a deal breaker."
People will attach their personal garbage to anything. I do it sometimes too.

I heard signature guitars,generally,have a reduced resell value. I tend to believe this but I'm no expert.

No, no, no. You've all got it wrong. The Jaguar was made for these guys. Or at least back then that was all we thought it was good for.

I heard signature guitars,generally,have a reduced resell value. I tend to believe this but I'm no expert.
I would think so just because there is a premium price paid when the instrument is purchases because it has the artists name on the headstock (who needs to be paid THEIR royalty on the sale) to start with that the manufacturer needs to pay for. And then you get into my problem where sometimes its too specific for many buyers to want.

If I like a guitar for what it is, being a signature model makes no difference to me. It doesn't make me want to buy it more, nor does it push me away unless it has some silly, over sized logo on it. Any decent signature guitar should stand on it's own merit without the name association.

The Eric Johnson is certainly one I'd want to own, mostly for the pickups and electronics. I've even been tempted to buy the EJ loaded pick guard for my cheap Squier CV 50's Strat! (you can always just transfer it to another guitar)

+1

Cobain hatred was lame than and it's even weaker now.

Yeah, and it's interesting how the suicide disparagement doesn't come up in discussions about Roy Buchanan, Danny Gatton, etc.

Or even Bob Brozman, who is one of the only musicians I can think whose personal life impacted my appreciation of his music in a negative way.

+1

Cobain hatred was lame than and it's even weaker now.
I don't think anyone hated or hates Kurt Cobain. They might not be a fan or dislike him but hate is completely different than not liking something.

I was always indifferent to Nirvana, but what I really didn't like was the "he's our John Lennon" garbage that followed his suicide. He's no John Lennon, he was more of a whiny cry baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back