Knee Arthroscopy Jam

surfsteve

Pendejo
So I tweaked it during the Snowpocalyse in Jan. Did something bad to it in March (torn medial meniscus), wait and see if it heals until yesterday. Procedure was fast, in and out in a little over 2 hrs. Hurt like hell this a.m., hobbling around OK now. Doc says 4-6 weeks of short-term disability and PT. Hopefully not, my bosses are freaking (body language fail on their parts). Pain med OK but somewhat nauseating.

Looks like I can catch up on new music listening.

Feel better soon.

5738dc204513cfbbc794ebe37c1961daaccfd3c16a58a588774862aac2388414-630x354.jpg

mojo, enjoy yer meds and music listening. I'm getting this shooting pain in two fingers on my left hand, 2nd time in about a month...I think it's arthritis....fucking shit starts going down hill once you reach your mid forties, I'm telling you :embarrassed:

mojo, enjoy yer meds and music listening. I'm getting this shooting pain in two fingers on my left hand, 2nd time in about a month...I think it's arthritis....fucking shit starts going down hill once you reach your mid forties, I'm telling you :embarrassed:

Agreed on the forties thing. Knowing what I know now, I might have been less of a hellion when I was young.

Might want to check your Vitamin D/Calcium/Zinc/Magnesium. Tennis elbow/hand issues got a lot better, my Vitamin D was real low.

Mojo. I had my knee scoped in high school. Make sure to stay on top of the pain meds. Like a dumbass, I didn't. No fun at all.

Knee mojo

I'm an expert, 2 meniscus removals (one prior to the invention of arthroscopic surgury so that's a big 4" scar) and one meniscus repair (yup they went in and sewed it up) plus an ACL...5 knee ops in all. The last one about a year ago was a piece of cake compared to anything else I did. Never really needed the pain meds (still have most of them) was walking in a couple of days, back to work in 5 (I had vacation time so I wasn't in a rush) and was back riding a bike in 2 weeks.

Like Saint says, lots of ice and ROM exercises and you should be back to normal in no time. Good luck!!!

Knee mojo

I'm an expert, 2 meniscus removals (one prior to the invention of arthroscopic surgury so that's a big 4" scar) and one meniscus repair (yup they went in and sewed it up) plus an ACL...5 knee ops in all. The last one about a year ago was a piece of cake compared to anything else I did. Never really needed the pain meds (still have most of them) was walking in a couple of days, back to work in 5 (I had vacation time so I wasn't in a rush) and was back riding a bike in 2 weeks.

Like Saint says, lots of ice and ROM exercises and you should be back to normal in no time. Good luck!!!

Thanks all, the pain was pretty intense until midday today, walked around the yard a little, up and down the stairs (slowly) a few times. Still swollen, but much less painful. I can't see this taking 4 weeks or more. Iced pretty much the whole time give or take an hour or two.

Oxy time!

Thanks all, the pain was pretty intense until midday today, walked around the yard a little, up and down the stairs (slowly) a few times. Still swollen, but much less painful. I can't see this taking 4 weeks or more. Iced pretty much the whole time give or take an hour or two.

Oxy time!

Just be careful. I know a couple of people who thought they could recover from an injury faster (oxy talking) and ended up re injuring it, more oxy, repeat. They are still in pain, and hooked on oxy. AND now they can't even crap due to opioid induced constipation.

YMMV, but pain beats pain +

Back