Knaggs Guitars Tier 2 Severn Trembuck HSH in Fire

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/knaggs-guitars-tier-2-severn-trembuck-hsh-in-fire/

KnaggsT2SevernFire.jpg

Based on their successful Severn model, the Severn Trembuck HSH comes with 2 humbuckers and a middle single-coil controlled by a 5-way blade switch with push-pull option, allowing for coil tapping and providing both high-gain humbucking as well as classic single coil sounds with a 25.5” scale. Knaggs’ proprietary Chesapeake Tremolo has been redesigned to allow for increased string vibration and sustain and back loading of electronics. Standard features are set Rock Maple necks with Rosewood or Maple fretboards and Alder/Sapele laminated bodies with or without Maple tops. Like all Knaggs models, the Severn Trembuck is available in two tiers and a variety of color options.

This special Trembuck HSH features a matching Choptank headstock and a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, a sunburst back, as well as the Curly Maple neck having a light burst. Stunning!

KnaggsT2SevernFire935.jpg

• Model: Severn Trembuck HSH Tier 2
  • Body Wood: Alder
  • Top Wood: Tier 2 Curly Maple
  • Neck Wood: Curly Maple
  • Fretboard: Rosewood w/Diamond Inlays
  • Neck Shape: “61” 1 5/8” to 2 3/16”
  • Radius: 8.5″
  • Scale: 25.5″
  • Frets: Tall Thin
  • Headstock: Flame Maple Overlay w/Knaggs Circle w/Star
  • Tuners: Kluson Style
  • Bridge: Chesapeake Tremolo System
  • Pickups: Seymour Duncan Trembucker Humbuckers & APS-1 Single-Coil
  • Electronics: Vol, Tone w/Push-Pull For Coil Split
  • Switch: 5-way
  • Finish: Fire
  • Hardware: Nickel
  • Case: Knaggs Hardshell
List $6550.00
Your Price $5030.00

Yep, it's nice, and better than the Choptank, but at that price, I would expect better bookmatching - that top messed with my eyesight looking at the photos :messedup:

TBH, if I'm gonna spend that kind of money on a guitar like this, I'd rather get a couple of Suhrs :embarrassed:.

Whats wrong with the top?

The bookmatching is so uneven for that price point...what really messed with my eyes on first glance was the appearance around the middle pickup - the initial glance almost makes it look like a bad route :wink:.

I don't hate flame, but I've seen MUCH better flame tops for guitars that are still considered "boutique" for much less.

The bookmatching is so uneven for that price point...what really messed with my eyes on first glance was the appearance around the middle pickup - the initial glance almost makes it look like a bad route :wink:.

I don't hate flame, but I've seen MUCH better flame tops for guitars that are still considered "boutique" for much less.
The top on my Reeves matches better than that.

IMG_4999s.jpg

Very pretty and way out of my price range but if the lottery turned up I'd have one with a larger radius (maybe compound) and black tuners to match the rest of the hardware.

This.

It's out of my price range, but if I had the cash, I definitely would, just on looks alone! That is one beautiful guitar, and would look awesome on the wall . . . right next to my MLB Angels Stratocaster. :thu:

I love these things, though I've never played one. Something about the look. But yeah, if I had 5 grand, I'd buy a PRS and a Strat. There'd even be beer money left over.

Back