Knaggs Guitars Tier 2 Choptank in Raspberry Creme

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/knaggs-guitars-tier-2-choptank-in-raspberry-creme/

KnaggsChoptankT2RaspberryCreme1.jpg

The Knaggs Chesapeake Choptank Tier 2 features Maple setneck design, with a special Alder/Maple/Sapele Body designed and built by famed builder Joe Knaggs. Features three classic single coils with a 25.5” scale, Knaggs’ Chesapeake hard tail bridge designed to drive the sound into the center of the body, improving sustain and response only the player can feel. Standard features are set Rock Maple necks with Rosewood or Maple fretboards and Alder/Sapele laminated bodies with or without Maple tops. Like all Knaggs models, the Choptank is available in two tiers and a variety of color options.

KnaggsChoptankT2935.jpg

• Model: Choptank Tier 2
  • Body Wood: Alder
  • Top Wood: Tier 2 Curly Maple/Sapele
  • Neck Wood: Curly Maple
  • Fretboard: Rosewood w/Diamond Inlays
  • Neck Shape: “52” 1 5/8” to 2 3/16”
  • Radius: 8.5″
  • Scale: 25.5″
  • Frets: Tall Thin
  • Headstock: Ebony Overlay w/Knaggs Circle w/Star
  • Tuners: Kluson Style
  • Bridge: Chesapeake Hard Tail
  • Pickguard: Maple
  • Pickups: Seymour Duncan
  • Electronics: Vol, Vol, Tone
  • Switch: 5-way
  • Finish: Raspberry Creme
  • Hardware: Gold
  • Case: Knaggs Hardshell
List $5300.00
Your Price $4070.00

I just don't dig the chop tanks... the Severns are cool, but with the pickguard and such I like the upper horn.

knaggs+severn+body+front.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I like the design. The naming schemes (Choptank? Raspberry Creme?) need to be shitcanned, though.

I think I would like it more without the maple part. Just cut the body out along the sunburst edge.

No likey. "Hey, look at the flame top we put on this!.......oh wait, you can only see the edges....that'll be 8 grand, please!"

Back