Kirk Hammet pisses off every small pedal company.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/kirk-hammett-and-david-karon-talk-khdk-guitar-pedals-634500

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455495993.424996.jpg

There's nothing wrong with him trading on his name to enter the pedal field. That said, I do think that by entering the field as if everyone else is suddenly second best, he is setting himself up to have a bulls-eye on his back.

When I was a chiropractor, one of the other guys in town changed his Yellow Pages ad to include that he was a "World Famous Chiropractor." Well, he might have been well regarded in town, but world famous was just outlandish, and frankly irritated a bit that he could get away with such statements. On the other hand, I suppose if even one person outside the country knew that he was a good chiropractor, he could make the claim.

In the end, a lot of advertising deals in supulatives and outlandish claims, so what Kirk Hammet is doing isn't really news, IMHO.

Who would want anything that would make their tone closer to Kirk Hammetts? He has the worst tone in the history of guitar playing.

I went to high-school with hardcore Metallica fans who stayed with them and remained staunch supporters through Napster, St. Anger, the documentary, etc.

I assume that those two are still in high school, mind you; if they had any aptitudes, they were deeply-buried. (Okie ancestry?)

But there's always a fan base for horrific music.

(Cue Jbird-approved Enya-fronted Moorcock-inspired elf-costumed prog-metal concept album)

really lame statement by kirk. there are 800 million TS variants out there and tons of pedal builders play guitar.

that meme above is great. he uses axe fx all the time yet keeps rolling out sig gear he never uses just to make money.

did anyone see his demo of his new randall amp? he made that amp sound so shitty. I watched someone else play it and it sounded great.

Back