Kiesel guitars got robbed!!!

I was robbed on Christmas Eve a few years ago, while I was out of town spending Christmas with my daughter's family. The detective that was handling the case said that it was likely drug related. They steal what they can, then turn it over to a drug supplier for their fix, that supplier moves the stolen property up the supply chain in exchange for product, and very quickly the stuff is out of state and is extremely hard to trace. That's why, it rarely shows up in local pawn shops, Craigslist, or eBay - the drug dealers know better than to post anything, or try to pawn it locally. Those things are watched by the police.

Of course, then there are the complete knuckleheads that are just looking for a quick buck, and make it easy for the police. Mine situation didn't turn out to be connect to knuckleheads, unfortunately (they got a diamond ring that had belonged to my father, and my mother still doesn't know that it wa stolen).

That blows.

You've got that right. Once it happens, you stop feeling safe for a long time. The church was kind enough to understand how I must have felt, so I have a security system at the house now, but I still feel funny whenever I leave to see family, so I recently started putting deadbolts on all the exterior doors, as well. Still, I know that determined, and professional thieves could still make a vacation end badly, especially with all the musical gear in the basement "music room." The good news is that there are homes being built on the property that surrounds me, so hopefully being less isolated will make me less of a target. I do know that the 5 pastors in the home before me were also burglarized, so that bit of knowledge still keeps me on edge.

So, they didn't get 'robbed', they got scammed.

I hope the get everything back, unlikely as that will be.

So if they got scammed why did they think it was a robbery? Did the scammers hack Kiesel’s computers and manipulate the inventory?

So if they got scammed why did they think it was a robbery? Did the scammers hack Kiesel’s computers and manipulate the inventory?

More than likely, the thieves used stolen credit cards to order the guitars. I'm sure they started receiving massive chargebacks and realized something had happened. I really would've thought that they would have some sort of fraud solution in place like from Accertify, Cybersource, or any other company out there. Heck, or use Verified by Visa or MasterCard's SecureCode if they don't use PayPal.

on their facebook:

IIRC PRS doesn't sell guitars direct, just parts and accessories so I'd be curious to hear more on this...must have been a retailer that got scammed too.
You can custom order a Private Stock, or do you have to go through an authorized dealer for that?

I'm pretty sure PRS makes you order private stock guitar builds through their dealer network. I think you even have to go through a private stock certified dealer, which is only a subset of their total dealer base.

Anybody else thinking that Kiesel is F.O.S. with this whole story? Something isn't adding up.

Anybody else thinking that Kiesel is F.O.S. with this whole story? Something isn't adding up.

Yes. I don't get it. I'm a big fan of this company. I love the guitars and I love their amps. This just isn't making sense. But maybe We don't know the whole story

You can custom order a Private Stock, or do you have to go through an authorized dealer for that?

You have to work with a Private Stock authorized dealer to use the program.
I think the only dept that works direct at PRS is the PTC.

My guess is that someone on the inside was afraid of getting fired and tried to cover up not catching the scam by faking a burglary. Management called it a robbery to turn the incident into clickbait. Then the cops figured it out and told the Kiesel people that they’re all morons.

IF there has been any kind of (speculated) covering up for (alleged) stupidity within Kiesel regarding this incident, then it really speaks to the fact that Jeff Kiesel needs to STFU and stop being the (alleged) PR voice of his company. His (if true) repeated (figuratively) stepping on his dick is quickly approaching Henry J proportions.

I've spoken to two different friends that work there, and neither of them has any fucking clue what the real story is at this point. At least one of them is in a position that "should" place him in the loop in terms of those with immediate relevance to the issue. I understand being tight lipped, but that's not really the case here. The poor guy is honestly clueless and perturbed at being effectively shut out of the conversation.

So what ever DID happen, happened with someone very high up the ladder. It would appear to be more a matter of exceptionally poor judgment than of nefarious intent by said employee.

Who knows though?

The only thing certain is that we are unlikely to ever get the real story, and Carvin/Kiesel just got a butt ton of free press.

The only thing certain is that we are unlikely to ever get the real story, and Carvin/Kiesel just got a butt ton of free press.
They just got a butt ton of bad press for showing that they're idiots.

Back