Kia Stinger GT, yea or nay?

Saw one of these in person this past weekend. TBH, its appearance is completely forgettable.

The only people stopping to check it out were enthusiasts who already knew what it was. The Subaru Crosstrek had a bigger crowd.

Volkswagen.

People said exactly the same things about Volkswagen.

Volkswagen as a brand also maintains a decades-old perception being reliable and dependable, despite being one of the least reliable makes sold in North America for 15+ years (only Kia and Land Rover have fared worse). It took the diesel coverup for them to finally take a hit, and now that it's come out they used primates and humans in modern-day emissions testing, I think their due for another high hit.

I would have a hard time paying top dollar for either a VW or Kia expecting them to be daily drivers.

When Kia has established a ten year streak building cars that are not for the most part junk, I'll consider buying one. But then again, probably not. Too many other builders have been making better cars for a long, long time. I've had three or four friends buys Kias. All have regretted the purchase.

Volkswagen as a brand also maintains a decades-old perception being reliable and dependable, despite being one of the least reliable makes sold in North America for 15+ years (only Kia and Land Rover have fared worse). It took the diesel coverup for them to finally take a hit, and now that it's come out they used primates and humans in modern-day emissions testing, I think their due for another high hit.

I would have a hard time paying top dollar for either a VW or Kia expecting them to be daily drivers.

Jeebuz! I had to look this up but there it was in black and white...

Is it just me or does this sound...dystopian? I mean, to go to these lengths to try to prove their tech is cleaner than we think?

When Kia has established a ten year streak building cars that are not for the most part junk, I'll consider buying one. But then again, probably not. Too many other builders have been making better cars for a long, long time. I've had three or four friends buys Kias. All have regretted the purchase.
To their credit, their cars HAVE slowly been getting better. They still aren't all the way there though. A gal I work with bought a brand new Kia back in 2013. Nice enough car, but little things kept going wrong with it. She traded it in on a brand new Scion FR-S about a year later. Loves the FR-S.

Back