Kia Stinger GT, yea or nay?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Kia-Stinger-GT-4.jpg

261526.jpg

kia-stinger-gt-0241.jpg

make mine yellow:
sunset_yellow_kia_stinger_2.jpg

looks-wise, it actually reminds me of the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio :embarrassed:

365 hp
376lb.-ft. torque

0-60 4.7 seconds
60-0 113 ft.

looks-wise, it actually reminds me of the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio :embarrassed:

I don’t see that at all. I see budget minded execution of Audi styling with a few bmw elements, like those pep boys chrome vents thrown in. Funny, there’re several Giulia Quadrifoglios running around my workplace and no one has any idea what they are. Zero non-enthusiast recognition

I think it looks sleek and probably fun as hell to drive.

Problem is KIA was started as a budget car and like Horshack playing his role in Welcome Back Kotter it will always be just that no matter what. Just ask Gilligan or Urkel.

Reactions: Tig
These have been on sale here for a while. I drove one when I was looking for a car. Rear headroom isn't very good, and the trunk wasn't very big (I was looking at wagons, so maybe not fair). It drove OK, but wasn't as polished in engine smoothness or trans shifting relative to an accord V6 or sedans from other Japanese and German brands. The transmission felt unwilling to kick down and stay down for passing and acceleration, at least in the default mode. The suspension was choppy on rough surfaces like a sports car, but the curve handling was more 'sporty sedan', with some body roll and plow through corners. It felt very heavy, but it didn't have any really negative driving habits. Brakes were very good. Rear visibility wasn't great (look at the C pillar thickness). The interior/dash is a copy of the merc C class, but with inferior materials. There wasn't really anything wrong with the car, but it cost 57,000 Swiss francs (59K USD, MSRP price), which is comparable to or more than German cars that have about the same performance specs, but with much greater refinement and much nicer interiors. I have no idea what these sell for in the US, but here they have positioned it up against the C400 merc 4 matic, Audi A4 AWD, and BMW 330i xdrive...and it just doesn't bring enough to the table to compete with those cars.

Edit: I looked at the US and Swiss pages and we get the GT3 variant here, but it is called the GT. We don't get any other models. The top trim in the US is still like 50 grand MSRP, and I can think of other cars I'd rather have.

Last edited:
I don’t see that at all. I see budget minded execution of Audi styling with a few bmw elements, like those pep boys chrome vents thrown in. Funny, there’re several Giulia Quadrifoglios running around my workplace and no one has any idea what they are. Zero non-enthusiast recognition
The longer nose and sloping roof-line:

2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-side-profile-in-motion-03.jpg

$59000 for a Kia?
Fuck that.

It is an ok looking car,but way spendy for Hyundai budget a model.

Here is what I mean by "the dash is a copy of the merc c class"

Kia Stinger Interior photo....

img_9661.jpg

Mercedes C Class interior...

2015-mercedes-benz-c-class-interior-photo-547436-s-986x603.jpg

I think it looks sleek and probably fun as hell to drive.

Problem is KIA was started as a budget car and like Horshack playing his role in Welcome Back Kotter it will always be just that no matter what. Just ask Gilligan or Urkel.
Volkswagen.

People said exactly the same things about Volkswagen.

They now sell the highest priced new car in history, with performance figures to match the $2M+ price tag, and a long waiting list to get one. Sure, it might have Bugatti badges on it, but make no mistake... It's 100% VW.

Hell, even some VW branded cars are upward of $100K.

Back