Kia Forte SX?

I think it is priced in the right place for what it is and what it does. It certainly is in line with the STI and Golf R, as you pointed out. My concern is that for 8K more you can get a base model GT350. That makes for a tough decision, as the GT350 (and mustang in general) is a very competent sports coupe these days, and likely bests the Focus in just about every performance spec (except for curb weight). I prefer a 4 door hatch over a coupe, but I think I am in the minority.
Looks like ford is going to have no problem selling them

http://jalopnik.com/ford-focus-rs-pre-orders-are-selling-like-hot-cakes-1736618688

Kia and Hyundai have been on an amazing run the last few years. Both have stepped up their game big time. I wouldn't be opposed to owning either.

That said, one of the cars we considered before we got the FIAT was a Kia Sol (Hamster Mobile). We ended up driving a new one for a few days whole the FIAT dealer was trying to unfuck my car (which they fucked in the 1st place), and I'm so glad we didn't get that Kia.

It wasn't terrible, but it was very "cheap" feeling inside. The ride quality was awful. Road noise was deafening, power steering so vague you felt no sense of feedback or control. It had zero balls. Auto Trans was always hunting for the right gear. Turning radius was on par with the Queen Mary. Handling and stability were alarmingly sloppy. The factory infotainment system was awful. Driver visibility sucked.

Other than those few minor gripes, I liked it. ..

:)

Wow - we've had a totally opposite reaction...well, not quite totally :wink:.

We bought a slightly used 2012 (5000 miles) three years ago mostly for my wife to drive, and have put about 65,000 more miles on it since. Sure, the ride quality is kind of stiff, but I didn't expect that much better for something in that class. The interior, while a bit stiff, is not uncomfortable, it is deceptively roomy on the inside, is reasonably quiet, is easily maneuverable (Queen Mary???), and has been super reliable (only regular maintenance, brakes done today, and a shredded tire about a year ago). Plus, I took it to Pragestock twice :wink:.

Having said all that, my wife does not like to drive it in the snow, so when we decide on the next vehicle in a year or two, it will probably be more SUV-ish.

From our Kia and Hyundai experiences, we would not hesitate to get another,

Mum just picked up her Mazda 3 and I got to take it for a spin... really fun. I might look into one for my next car. She got the hatchback touring model.

When we went to Maine last year, our rental was a Hyundai Optima.

I liked the car. Good feel, good interior, good trunk space, great gas mileage, but it was always hunting for a gear.

Back