Ken Block and Pike's Peak

Produced by Jeff Zwart...who knows a thing or two about driving a car up that hill

Produced by Jeff Zwart...who knows a thing or two about driving a car up that hill
Jeff also shot a shit-ton of stuff for Road & Track back in the day. I also remember he had a white BMW M1 for a while and they did a story on it.

Yeah, Ms. Dmn and I took a trip to Ouray this summer and there were a few roads where I'm sure I was driving like someone's grandmother and probably pissing off everyone behind me. But THERE IS NO FUCKING SHOULDER. It's pavement or death.

And that video... good lord. Everything above the tree line is Pucker Factor 10.

I can't decide if Ken Block is a god, or if there's something seriously wrong with him. Either way, his car control is otherworldly.

He’s an amazing driver.

I used to love these videos, but now they’ve gotten so good at producing them and he’s gotten so much better at driving (like that was even considered possible, but it’s happened) that they’ve kinda gotten boring to watch.

I mean, I wasn’t surprised by anything I saw in this one.

Sure, put me in the passenger seat and I’d need a change of clothes after the first turn, but that’s a different perspective and sensory experience.

And I don’t mean to take anything away from his driving. Maybe they’re just running out of creative ideas.
I don’t know what the fix is either. I certainly don’t want or expect them to go into jump-the-shark territory and do stupid stunts.

Sure, put me in the passenger seat and I’d need a change of clothes after the first turn, but that’s a different perspective and sensory experience.

Speaking of...

If you're impatient skip to 2:14. The gist is this guy was invited to ride along in a Maserati MC-12 on a closed public road, but the hitch is there's no passenger seat or restraining system. So this is strictly POV from the passenger seat, and meanwhile the driver is in plaid shorts a polo shirt and chain smoking the entire time. Italians, man. :grin:

The Central City Parkway is a fun drive. It's off I-70 and only about 8 miles.

The ride up to Mt Evans is a pucker fest too.

Speaking of...

If you're impatient skip to 2:14. The gist is this guy was invited to ride along in a Maserati MC-12 on a closed public road, but the hitch is there's no passenger seat or restraining system. So this is strictly POV from the passenger seat, and meanwhile the driver is in plaid shorts a polo shirt and chain smoking the entire time. Italians, man. :grin:

That’s nuts!

Back