Dig it! Kemper Profiling Amp Tape Echo and Analog Delay Demo/Tutorial

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
I've been tinkering with the huge number of delay types and settings on my Kemper. It's pretty amazing what you can get out of this sucker. They just posted this demo/tutorial, it's long and glorious. Thought I'd share.

Those sound really cool, but when I look at the Kemper, this is what I see:

sOP2pNo.jpg

Those sound really cool, but when I look at the Kemper, this is what I see:

sOP2pNo.jpg

Totally agree. When I got mine home, I looked at it and thought "what have i done?" Especially when things are lit up and flashing.

To be completely honest, they put a ton of thought into the user interface of this thing (both onscreen and all the buttons and dials). Most functions are quite intuitive and you can customize just about anything you want, either globally or rig by rig (rig = preset for the most part). The inputs and outputs are also very intuitive, on the software side and the physical ports.

Plus, there are dedicated buttons for undo and redo. So every time I fuck something up, I can hit undo as many times as I need to.

But most importantly, the Kemper sounds AMAZING out of the box and the variety is endless.

Totally agree. When I got mine home, I looked at it and thought "what have i done?" Especially when things are lit up and flashing.

To be completely honest, they put a ton of thought into the user interface of this thing (both onscreen and all the buttons and dials). Most functions are quite intuitive and you can customize just about anything you want, either globally or rig by rig (rig = preset for the most part). The inputs and outputs are also very intuitive, on the software side and the physical ports.

Plus, there are dedicated buttons for undo and redo. So every time I fuck something up, I can hit undo as many times as I need to.

But most importantly, the Kemper sounds AMAZING out of the box and the variety is endless.

I wish I could give one of those a try, but I am like bsman, those things are intimidating. I know I would end up getting sucked in and start messing with every parameter in it and spend way too much time tweaking and not enough time playing. I bet it is really fun to play with and the clips I have heard sound great.

I wish I could give one of those a try, but I am like bsman, those things are intimidating. I know I would end up getting sucked in and start messing with every parameter in it and spend way too much time tweaking and not enough time playing. I bet it is really fun to play with and the clips I have heard sound great.

I was doing a lot of knob fiddling initially but there are so many great tones to be had that it gets you playing. There aren't a ton of whacky FX filled presets that are fun to dick around but don't really get you playing. You can certainly find or make presets like that... but you don't run into a ton of them like you would with most Line 6 stuff (for example).

Look at it less as an FX box and more of an amp room where you can plug into just about anything you want. You can swap cabs, etc. You can quickly find incredible sounding tones that are responsive and feel real. Useable stuff for practice, rehearsal, gigs, and recording. Stuff that sounds so good you get inspired too.

if you can get a chance to tinker with one for a few hours, do it! i'll never get rid of my two tube amps, but i haven't turned either one of them on since I got the kemper.

My goal is to create a bunch of Weiner kemper addicts and get you guys to profile all your sick amps.

Look at it less as an FX box and more of an amp room where you can plug into just about anything you want.

That makes it a little less appealing to me. I am more an FX guy. Give me a clean amp, a muff and a box that can do really good delays, reverbs and modulations and I would be happy. If there was an Eventide H9 that would allow 3 or so effects at the same time, that would be for me.

That makes it a little less appealing to me. I am more an FX guy. Give me a clean amp, a muff and a box that can do really good delays, reverbs and modulations and I would be happy. If there was an Eventide H9 that would allow 3 or so effects at the same time, that would be for me.

Let me re-phrase that. Look at the Kemper as an amp room and you've also got built-in effects that can run in front (the stomp section) AND in the loop (the FX section, stereo or mono or both). There are shit loads of delays, reverbs, boosts, distortions, wahs, chorus, phasers, trem, filters, modulators, pitch, harmony, etc. Just check out how much tweaking you can do in that delay/echo tutorial vid I put up. There are 5 or 6 fuzzes, including muffs all fully customizable.

You can patch in your own stomp boxes too either into the front or into a stereo or mono loop.

The head has two expression pedal jacks. If you get the floorboard remote, you can add 4 more expression pedals. The remote has a looper too.

Shit's crazy man.

I just started watching this guy's Kemper vids, really good stuff and we've emailed back and forth a few times. He uses the H9 as well.

Back