Kelly's Tele Build Thread

Kelly

24 Steel Wheels of Shoegaze
A few of you who ever venture into HCEG may remember from ages past that i had a telecaster build going on, that suddenly stopped due to circumstances mostly beyond my control. I shall keep those circumstances to myself, but I will share the fact that the build is officially back on!

I will post pictures of the build thus far soon enough, and here's a picture of the guitar's old body.

DSCN4228.jpg

And here's a digital mockup of what it will look like when it's done.

TeleMockup.png

Features list:
-A String-Thru bridge
-Nitro Finish
-Full-Sized Humbucker route in the neck
-Rails Humbucker in the bridge
-Custom Wiring (If I can find the diagram someone drew up for me)
-Strap Locks
-A Dark Red Finish
-Shielded Cavities

VERY cool! :thu: Where'd you get the body from? I assume you're going to have to route it for the bridge pickup?

I have completely fabricated the body from scratch.

Even cooler! :thu: On old boyfreind of mine, and I, did the same thing about 22 years ago!. We also did a Tele Body. It turned out very well, except for one thing - we used birch for the body! As a result, it weighed a ton! But it sure had lots of sustain! :grin:

Great grain in that body. It would look great in a see-through blonde. Do you have all the templates already, or a full size drawing?
Templates are done in MDF. I would totally do blonde, but the neck is a rosewood board, which would clash horribly with a blonde finish.

Ask and ye shall recieve updates (albeit about 9 months later)

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

It progresses! Slowly! :grin:

Woohoo! Only just caught this thread.

Please progress some more. :wink:

I have to talk to a family friend to see when i can use his shop to finish the body, then i have to go back to another family friend and ask to use HIS shop to drill the neck holes, etc.

Back