Keeley Time Machine Boost

Hi all, anyone got experience with these? I remember being recommended one about a decade ago, but I never got one. Now I see a used TMB for around $80, and I'm considering it. My amp's still the little 1w Marshall JTM-1, also got an EP Booster clone and an AC Booster.

Only thing that makes me a bit hesitant is the fact that since I almost never have the ability to crank my amp too high, I can't get natural amp drive. I'm thinking this might make the booster less usable. Thoughts on that?

Only thing that makes me a bit hesitant is the fact that since I almost never have the ability to crank my amp too high, I can't get natural amp drive. I'm thinking this might make the booster less usable. Thoughts on that?

This is what boosts and high output pickups are actually for. To increase the signal going into the front end of the amp, and create more distortion.

Sure, but using my EP Booster, I mostly just thicken the overall sound. There's not actual distortion going on, unless I hit the switch in the back that takes the power down to 0,1 watts.

Sure, but using my EP Booster, I mostly just thicken the overall sound. There's not actual distortion going on, unless I hit the switch in the back that takes the power down to 0,1 watts.

I had the EP booster for a long time. It isn't really like other boosters, it was based on the front end of an EchoPlex. Most other boosters out there will drive the amp harder and give some nice break up.

Back