Kebab or battered haggis

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
I've actually eaten pretty well since January 1st but I had to work late tonight, the lady friend is out and I can't be bothered cooking so I'm off out for some takeaway.

Kebab or battered haggis and chips? :shrug:

I think haggis. Kebabs never live up to the expectation unless you're in a country where they actually know how to do that shit right.

I've always wanted to try haggis...

It's a bit of an acquired taste.

I've had it a couple of times.
Best one I ever had this Scottish guy made at our marina for the 4th of July picnic outing. It was tasty. Of course, I was so hammered drunk I probably would have eaten dirt, so take that into consideration.

Actually, that's kind of what haggis tastes like. Like when you're a kid and you end up with a mouthful of grass falling off your bike or something like that.
:lol:

It's basically stuffed sheep's stomach with veggies and grains and brains and shit like that in it, so it has a real "game-y/earthy" quality to it.
Depending on how it is spiced, (and how well it is cleaned beforehand), it can be pretty f'ing tasty. Just don't think too much about what you're eating.

And when in doubt, have that next beer.....or six.

I’m imagining Groundskeeper Willie kicking the shit out of sheep before running it over with a lawn mower and eating it.

Not mine but dinner is finished and it looked a little something like this - minus the shitty orange soft coloured drink.

431448060_b0f6dbd888_b.jpg

Munchy Box!

Ok,haggis.

Schoolboy error.

A munch box comes in a pizza box - the smallest size you can get is a 10" one. It was 8pm when I bought dinner - a 10" pizza box full of pakora, chips, chicken chat, kebab meat and a bit of salad to make it look nice is not the thing you want to be eating that late at night

The chinese places got wise to the munchy box a year or two ago and started doing their own and have smaller versions but the stuff is absolutely loaded with salt and it's a nigh on certainty if I have one I'll be up in the middle of the night dying of thirst.

Haggis supper was the prime choice.

Reactions: DFB
Haggis is amazing (this coming from a Euro guy living in Scotland).

Kebabs in the UK are awful, but hit the spot perfectly when you're steaming drunk. For the best Turkish Doner Kebabs, go to Germany:

2kUq1vs.jpg

Kebab, because of the deliciousness and the lack of lungs.

I was freaked out by how many gyro shops we saw in Paris. It's easier to get a gyro in Paris than a freakin baguette.

Back