Just Watched "Wicker Man" For The 1st Time

LeftyTom

I am not just another pretty face.
Some have remarked that this was a splendid horror flick. I found it interesting (after all, I am a born-again pagan), but it was more mystery than horror. I do admit, that a naked Brit Eckland dancing about in her room was the highlight of the film (pardon me for not giving a Spoiler Alert).

A little web browsing led me to the second book, "Cowboys For Christ". I may have some reading to do....

I haven't seen it in ages so I should fix that.

Also found this tidbit in the IMDb:

A body double was secretly used for the naked rear shots of Willow dancing. The scenes were filmed after Britt Ekland had left the set. The body double was used because Ekland would only agree to topless shots of her body. After shooting was over, not only was Ekland furious to learn she had been doubled in some shots but that she was also a few weeks pregnant in that scene. Director Robin Hardy says it was Ekland herself who did not want her bottom to be filmed, as she did not like it.

Never seen it. My band have played at and I've attended as a punter the Wickerman Festival whereby they build a huge wicker monument and burn it as the last band finishes ont he Sunday night. Pretty cool way to waste a weekend binge drinking :)

You are obviously talking about the 1973 film, not the 2006 Nic Cage travesty...

I was there for the premiere for that one. Neil LaBute was there. Nobody knew that it was going to be bad. It was kind of exhausting and we just left the theatre experiencing a combination of disbelief and boredom.

Back