Just turned up to a wedding gig

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
And the cigarettes that everyone seems to be sharing smell a bit off :grin:

Going by previous experience the night will either be great or terrible :thu:

:grin:
It's a wedding,they are all terrible.

This actually turned out to be a pretty good gig considering it was a mid week shot and the majority of them were English, who for some reason REALLY like all the shit that went out of fashion up here years ago!

As for the tokers in question :grin: :facepalm:

Twas a couple - not even that young, late 20s early 30s I'd guess.

By time things kicked off both of them were in some state.

Cue the ceilidh segment I was asked to do and the guy is so out of it he's just wandering around in the middle of everyone dancing until someone shunted him away.

The girl (who has no doubt ruined just about every photo of this part of the night) was falling around and just being a total prat, until she decided it would be a great idea to jump on the brides back (as in try to piggy back her) and not let go despite 4 people trying to drag her off. I'm not joking, she must have been on the poor girl for about 15-20 seconds.

She was shunted off to bed at that point and I didn't see either of them again.

Fuckin' amateurs.

This could be interesting.

Waiting in the foyer of tonights venue. A lot of the young gents at this wedding keep nipping out to the car park and peer pressuring others to join them. I'm pretty sure it's not for a fly bottle of beer.

I'm still on my first marriage. I chalk it up to trust, honest communication, and the fact that we hired a band for our wedding.

My success has to do with hiring a band that I didn't know for the wedding so I wouldn't have to sit during the reception.
This actually turned out to be a pretty good gig considering it was a mid week shot and the majority of them were English, who for some reason REALLY like all the shit that went out of fashion up here years ago!

As for the tokers in question :grin: :facepalm:

Twas a couple - not even that young, late 20s early 30s I'd guess.

By time things kicked off both of them were in some state.

Cue the ceilidh segment I was asked to do and the guy is so out of it he's just wandering around in the middle of everyone dancing until someone shunted him away.

The girl (who has no doubt ruined just about every photo of this part of the night) was falling around and just being a total prat, until she decided it would be a great idea to jump on the brides back (as in try to piggy back her) and not let go despite 4 people trying to drag her off. I'm not joking, she must have been on the poor girl for about 15-20 seconds.

She was shunted off to bed at that point and I didn't see either of them again.

Fuckin' amateurs.

At any point did she yell "FUCK YOU! I'M MILWALL!!!!111"?

I'm still on my first marriage. I chalk it up to trust, honest communication, and the fact that we hired a band for our wedding.

Au contraire.. there's an equal proportion of terrible, naff wedding bands compared to good as there are shit and good DJs.

A guy came up to me tonight and said: "You did Megan and Jennifer's wedding in venue X last year didn't you?"

Yup

And John and Angelas in venue Y too didn't you?

Uh yeah.... why?

"I'm not being funny mate but how long have you done this?"

Years pal why?

"Because you're ****ing amazing! I've been to 5 weddings over the past couple of years, you've DJ'd at 3 of them and every single time you've been incredible."

:embarrassed:

Au contraire.. there's an equal proportion of terrible, naff wedding bands compared to good as there are shit and good DJs.

A guy came up to me tonight and said: "You did Megan and Jennifer's wedding in venue X last year didn't you?"

Yup

And John and Angelas in venue Y too didn't you?

Uh yeah.... why?

"I'm not being funny mate but how long have you done this?"

Years pal why?

"Because you're ****ing amazing! I've been to 5 weddings over the past couple of years, you've DJ'd at 3 of them and every single time you've been incredible."

:embarrassed:

If you think I'd hire bad musicians or a good live iHeartMedia radio broadcast for my wedding, then you don't know me.

I will be 53 on Saturday and have never been married. It's been a good run.:grin:

57 here, and also never been. Came close half a dozen times, twice with the same woman. Her oldest boy convinced me not to. She was okay... her kid was a manipulative asshole. Didn't need to deal with that shit, so I walked away.

Reactions: DFB
Back