Just thinking out loud here...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
I've had my Samick Greg Bennet Corsair bass for awhile now...it's a 34" P/J bass, very small body, that is starting to be a problem to keep the neck set...I bought it off eBay from a guy that rehabs factory rejects, I think I paid 100.00 for it...

Lately I've been thinking about a short scale, but all the Squiers I play fall short for me...

The idea that is floating around the dark recesses of my mind is this...to buy a body and neck from Warmoth and transfer most of the hardware and electronics from the Samick to it...the Samick doesn't sound bad at all, and the tuners and bridge seem to be of decent quality...

My hesitation come from not playing "enough" bass to justify the expense of building one...for body, neck and pickguard I'm looking somewhere between 600.00 and 700.00...plus it seems a bit silly to build it with the Samick parts, although I could save up and upgrade down the road...

You know my answer :grin:

One thing to think about, the Sammick is 2+2 on the headstock. I can't remember if Warmoth has that option on the short scale necks.

I thought the Sammick sounded good. The electronics could move over just fine.

One day I'm gonna do a Warmoth bass. Or get the Reverend Mike Watt. :grin:

You know my answer :grin:

One thing to think about, the Sammick is 2+2 on the headstock. I can't remember if Warmoth has that option on the short scale necks.

I thought the Sammick sounded good. The electronics could move over just fine.

One day I'm gonna do a Warmoth bass. Or get the Reverend Mike Watt. :grin:
They do...

I think if you're gonna spend $6-700 you can just buy a killer bass for that money. Hell, I bought my MIM jazz bass for $275 and it's a great bass.

Edit: I just saw that the jazz bass is the same scale you have now. So is today's sdotd but it's only $175...

There's a used Gretsch Electromatic on GC.com right now for $169. Problem solved. I bought one for my girlfriend, and I want to steal it back.

Back