Just Replaced The Jack In The Strat

holy shit.....what a pain in the ass......when you don't have any of the trick tools (anymore) to work on guitars.
every time i tried to get the solder on the tab.....the damn jack would start scooting away. i finally had to go dig out the gadget i use to take hooks out of fish mouths to clamp on the prong of the jack to make the damn thing hold still.
back when i was a guitar/bass tech i had a bench and a guitar cradle and all kinds of tools and trick gadgets and a short stand with a jig set up with different clips JUST FOR soldering stuff.

i forgot how much of a PITA it is to try to work on guitars with only car tools ....OMFG :mad:

at least it's done and in now......and not too soon, we play again on friday night.

A hemostat is a good idea. I use alligator clips on the end of a piece of heavy plumbing solder. You can twist it to any angle.

I have to replace my Tele jack soon. It's the original cup style. I beleive the jack is fine though,wonder if I can just get the electro socket and install that and use original jack? I don't know if the threads are the same though. My eye isn't good enough to see anymore to solder that small. If I have to replace the jack,I'll just bring it in to the music store and let them deal with it.

Back