Just rented a space for Kicking Up Cinders' first EP!

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Local church has great acoustics, so we're going to do it (fairly) old school. Minimalist mic setup in a great sounding room, where we'll play and sing until the takes are right. Recording begins next weekend! :eek:

I'm really excited... I worked really hard on my contributions; it looks like we're doing one of Kaitlin's, two of mine, and one we wrote together. If time allows we'll probably do a third collab

Reactions: Tig
Minimalist mic setup in a great sounding room, where we'll play and sing until the takes are right.

From my experience with this approach, get a BPM for each song, and re-reference the metronome after every other take or so. I get faster and faster with every pass if I'm not playing to a click.

Three days to go! :spaz:

We've got rehearsal tonite to fine-tune two songs, then tomorrow we're going to rehearse the whole set, decide what order we want to track them, etc. I'm also running through set-up ideas, brainstorming on mic choices, but until we actually get in there we won't know if that's a good plan or not.

Aside from that, I'm planning the sleeve design for our physical releases. Have a Bandcamp page in the works for selling digital copies too.

Back