Just poured a pint of Seafoam in the truck's gas tank

Steverino

black sheep
That should fix everything! :messedup:

I'm getting the dreaded P0300 misfire code.
I have a really bad feeling it's this
334241620_tp.jpg

Which means the upper intake has to come off. Yay!

at least you don't have to take the intake off just to change the plugs, like my escape does. or maybe you do, I have no idea.....i'm just using this thread as an excuse to bitch about the way they designed the intake.:grin:

Welp, the Seafom didn't do squat :)

I haven't changed out any ignition parts since I've had it and put 30K on it so I'll try a cap, rotor, wires and plugs first.

Welp, the Seafom didn't do squat :)

I haven't changed out any ignition parts since I've had it and put 30K on it so I'll try a cap, rotor, wires and plugs first.

I use Seafood in my motorcycle on the first tank of the season, but that's about it.

Does your S10 actually have a distributor? I know my Ranger is a coil pack. Never really looked at the 4.3l in my 2003 Blazer.

I use Seafood in my motorcycle on the first tank of the season, but that's about it.

Does your S10 actually have a distributor? I know my Ranger is a coil pack. Never really looked at the 4.3l in my 2003 Blazer.
Yeah, way back there against the firewall. One thing that is cool about the cap is they finally have gotten smart and designed the cap so the wires don't cross over each other to get to the other side. I have read there can be a problem with carbon tracking on the inside though, so I'll be taking a close look at the inside of the old cap.
main.JPG

Interesting.

I just kind of assumed that distributors went the way of the do do bird back in the early 90s.

What year is your S10?

Interesting.

I just kind of assumed that distributors went the way of the do do bird back in the early 90s.

What year is your S10?
2002. A year later they dropped it. Some say for the better, if you liked the Colorado/Canyon. The S10 was Chevy's version of the Ranger. I always thought the S10 (2nd gen) looked better than the Ranger, but the Ranger was obviously a better truck. No surprise there, as Ford has always built better trucks than GM.

My 89 Ranger had coil packs (2 of them and 8 spark plugs on a 4 cylinder engine). My 2000 Ranger also has a coil pack (3 liter v6).

I don't remember if my 93 Explorer had a distributor, but I think it was probably coil pack.

I'm not sure I've ever owned a vehicle with a distributor.

It had a 6 outlet coil pack...
You really missed out on some of life's finer moments...:grin:

I could walk over to my parents' neighbor's house and check it out. I sold it to him in 2003 with 189k miles on it and he's still driving it 60 miles round trip to work everyday.

Back