Just got off the phone with Windows support

wagdog

Ack
20 minutes worth of trying to get me to type "eventvwr" in all its various incarnations, followed by trying to get me to type in a web site... Oh, I had him on hold for about 2 minutes while I took another call. You could hear all kinds of crazy activity in the background.

I was like "supporp"? What is "supporp"? "My computer is slow, can you fix it?" "Are you going to fix it now?".

Finally the guy said I was "too stupid" and hung up.

20 minutes ain't bad!

Somewhere in Nigeria or the Ukraine your name is on a hit-list. :wink:
If I could only be so lucky.
26572115502_5f98f54f1b_c.jpg

But you could lose all your data, your hard drive could melt, what about your broadband?
Havent you been spotting all those error messages? This sounds very irresponsible to me. I think you should buy at least a 3 year contract, preferably with your debit card. How could you not trust Eddie?

i get those stupid putzes calling me every few weeks.
"hello, this is windows, you have virus on your compuuuuuuter. and we need to get on your compuuuuuter to take them off...."

me: "go fuck yourself"......click.

i would LOVE to have some way to capture their phone number. THEN we'd have some fun.
starting with a call to the FBI.

i get those stupid putzes calling me every few weeks.
"hello, this is windows, you have virus on your compuuuuuuter. and we need to get on your compuuuuuter to take them off...."

me: "go fuck yourself"......click.

i would LOVE to have some way to capture their phone number. THEN we'd have some fun.
starting with a call to the FBI.
The caller id had a number in the US - obviously faked. I've had telemarketers show up on our caller id with a local number. Must be some sort of automated spoofing thing.

The caller id had a number in the US - obviously faked. I've had telemarketers show up on our caller id with a local number. Must be some sort of automated spoofing thing.
that's what i mean. it would be so fun to have some computer program that can de-spoof it and show the REAL NUMBER.
reverse hack them somehow.

Some people have built a system called "Lenny" to handle telemarketers and scammers by playing random snippets of a semi-senile old guy keyed to the caller's pauses. If you have a phone system that can handle voice over IP (VoIP) extensions, you can create an extension on your phone system and transfer telemarketers and scammers to Lenny.

Go here to hear a recording of such an interaction http://toao.net/595-lenny Check it out - hilarious.

It is amazing how long the scammer keeps going.

I've had calls show up from my own home number...like the phone was calling itself. WTF? Makes the decision to let it go pretty easy.

Some people have built a system called "Lenny" to handle telemarketers and scammers by playing random snippets of a semi-senile old guy keyed to the caller's pauses. If you have a phone system that can handle voice over IP (VoIP) extensions, you can create an extension on your phone system and transfer telemarketers and scammers to Lenny.

Go here to hear a recording of such an interaction http://toao.net/595-lenny Check it out - hilarious.

It is amazing how long the scammer keeps going.
i wonder if there's a way to transfer the scammers to the local FBI number. cop0

Back