Just gave away our 2004 Dodge Stratus

Prages

User Error
Jeff's son was looking for a cheap commuter car. We were looking to get rid of the Stratus (246,204 miles).

She still runs great, and looks great. Needs some suspension work, brakes, and a/c.

He was ecstatic.

I may have cried a little when I cleaned our stuff out of her this morning.

Still, we've barely driven her in the last year, and she's going to a good home.

That's fucking awesome, man!

I once sold a car to my neighbor who was hurting and needed to get back and forth to work.

The car (I forget what it was) was a total shitbox, but I told him......

".....Tell you what, you can have it for $1 to transfer the title. You keep the dollar......"

He got about 6 months out of it before it went tits-up.

I figure, my parents gave us their 09 Impala last year, making the Stratus only an occasional driver. Might as well pay it forward.

Kolton has always been a great kid and a very hard worker. He's also a great mechanic and a certified A/C repairman. I imagine that within a few weeks, he'll have all the bugs worked out of the car and it'll last him a few more years. I was completely up front with him about it. I told him that it might last a year, or it might last a day. I figure he can put a couple hundred bucks and a few hours of work into it and it'll be a great car for him.

Plus, that gets it off of our taxes and insurance, and I feel less gluttonous about having 3 cars than I did about having four.

Back