Just bought one of those retro gaming all in one things

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
Loads of stuff on it I'll never touch like the Sega Master System, Gameboy etc... but it comes loaded with NES, SNES, N64, PS1 a bunch of other early consoles plus AMIGA!!!!

4d boxing and 4d tennis!!!

Addams Family

Desert Strike!!!

Micro Machines

Leathal Weapon

Moonstone!!!!

Blues Brothers

Stoked.

Got loads of old arcade stuff to - Turtles, Wrestlefest, Simpsons.

I hacked an NES Classic (the mini one from last year) and built a Raspberry Pi project (Retropie). I prefer the former enough I have a couple of SNES Classics but away for Christmas to eventually hack. The raspberry Pi will p[probably get reused for something else. I'm pleasantly please with how well 2d platforms style go over with tweens.

My interest is mostly with SNES/Genesis and arcade. Through on the arcade versions of Simpsons, Sunset Riders, Tapper, Space harrier, and a few others.

I never had a SNES so it'll be a bit of a novelty.

I dug out my old N64 and goldeneye and took it into my last school for the kids to play with. They'd read all about it and seen videos on youtube but were amazed to get a chance to play it.

FWIW it's nowhere near as good as I remember it :grin:

I used to smoke them all at multiplayer until one of the little shits realised that if you play golden gun, find it first and then camp in a cubicle in the facility you're nigh on invincible.

Bwahahahaha

I picked it up from the post depot earlier and got excited about firing it up.

Turns out I don't have enough AAA batteries in the house to run all the whoosits and whotsits so it'll have to wait until tomorrow :grin: :facepalm:

Downloading the N64 games down to the Wii was a humbling experience. Although Mario64, Mayo Kart 64 and Ocarina of Time are still the best games ever.

And I miss Banjo Kazooie. Damned Microsoft.

Oooh not given mario kart a try yet.

Spent the afternoon playing wrestling and the simpsons on the arcade :grin:

Going to fire up Player Manager 1 on the old Amiga just now :embarrassed:

i've been itching to play zelda and Super Mario 3 lately. what's the best way to play these nowadays without investing in a vintange NES? saving progress is a must.

i've been itching to play zelda and Super Mario 3 lately. what's the best way to play these nowadays without investing in a vintange NES? saving progress is a must.

A 3DS or a Switch. You can get them from the Nintendo Digital Shop.

Or an emulator, if that's all you're really looking to play. Shit, even back in the early-00's most emulators could handle Zelda and Mario from the NES and SNES era, so any of the newer ones would work.

A 3DS or a Switch. You can get them from the Nintendo Digital Shop.

Or an emulator, if that's all you're really looking to play. Shit, even back in the early-00's most emulators could handle Zelda and Mario from the NES and SNES era, so any of the newer ones would work.
Yep. I love my Switch for retro gaming. I think I play them more than modern games available for the handheld.

Yep. I love my Switch for retro gaming. I think I play them more than modern games available for the handheld.

I'm probably going to ROMcart my DSI over my 3DS, only to reduce any chance of bricking. I've got the Castlevania collection on my 3DS already.

Does it have Sega's Turbo?

Joe Lynn Turner is better at Turbo than he is at racing against a 1937 Cadillac Fleetwood series 75 on a Harley Sportster thru the canyons.

Posted by Ludwig Van Blackmoore at 2:20

Back