Just bought a 4Runner. Where has this thing been all my life?

congrats on the new/used GOOD vehicle.

when i first glanced at the thread title, i saw "just got a new Road Runner".......nearly gave me a heart attack:grin:

I cant believe Im old enough to have a kid this age.....but my oldest likes it too. Her first driving lesson.

Attachments

• 20140525_221651.jpg
    20140525_221651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
I cant believe Im old enough to have a kid this age.....but my oldest likes it too. Her first driving lesson.

Man, you need to teach her to drive the Jeep, assuming you still have it too. If not, you should have kept the Jeep long enough for her to learn to drive.

Man, you need to teach her to drive the Jeep, assuming you still have it too. If not, you should have kept the Jeep long enough for her to learn to drive.

LOL she wants the Jeep. Bad. I do have it, but just when I thought I had it all together, it seems like the master went. We got new brake lines on it, was bleeding them last weekend, then all the udden ALL the pressure goes. No leaks, no indication that anything else is wrong. Calipers are OK, lines are of course solid. So, now I'm gonna have to throw a new master cylinder in it. It also has a check engine light which I'll have to get resolved. After that, it should be good. It runs beautifully, we did a good job on the engine rebuild.

But the Jeep is SO easy to drive, I think it's good for her to learn on something a little larger, that way something like the Jeep is a breeze.

And for the record, we'll ALWAYS have the Jeep. My wife would never consider parting with it lol

Congrats! The Forerunner is an excellent truck. Mrs. Rev's FJ Cruiser had the 4.0 and it was a rock solid engine. I'm regards to the new 4wd systems the new viscous coupling system allows the driver and passenger side wheels to turn at different speeds unlike traditional 4x4's where they could not. It is gone to drive them in 4w hi just not low range. Enjoy your new truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one problem with those. The body will rust off the frame long before the engine gives up the ghost. :tongue:

I'm regards to the new 4wd systems the new viscous coupling system allows the driver and passenger side wheels to turn at different speeds unlike traditional 4x4's where they could not.

You're backward. Unless you have locking front and rear differentials, the drivers and passenger side can turn at different speeds. What a normal 4x4 system lacks is the differential between the front and rear wheels.

You're backward. Unless you have locking front and rear differentials, the drivers and passenger side can turn at different speeds. What a normal 4x4 system lacks is the differential between the front and rear wheels.
Hmm, I'm trying to remember my 4x4 training at Ford way too many years ago. My fault.

This one doesnt have front/rear locking diffs.

All the 4runners had different systems as options. This one is standard 2wd. 4wd can be engaged on the fly in any situation - 4lo requires a stop and shift into neutral but can still be used on dry roads. The trick is the center diff. Without it locked, the 4wd system works like an advanced awd system so the wheels can turn at different speeds, and the computer will also apply abs, engine braking and power where it deems necessary to get the best traction. Once the locking center diff is engaged, the traction control turns off and the system behaves as a traditional 4x4 system and all wheels are forced to turn at the same speed.

Only one problem with those. The body will rust off the frame long before the engine gives up the ghost. :tongue:

Good thing my new brother in law, who has become one of my best buds, is a full time body man :tongue:

No thanks. I'll simply consider the vehicle sunroof-less and be happy all the important stuff works :tongue:

Back