Just blew the Heck outta my poor little JC-55

OGG

Master of the Meh
I was planning on replacing the speakers anyway, but not quite because I decimated the old ones. They were working fine until...

I had my HD 500 plugged into the laptop at the studio so I could tweak some patches.

What I did not know, was that when I plugged it in, the computer automatically made it the default audio playback device instead of the Scarlett interface which is plugged into the PA.

So I clicked on a song to compare my tone to the original, and it sent the audio straight to my amp through the HD 500.

It was bloody.

It was graphic.

It was horrible.

Poor thing didn't stand a chance.

Fuck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

My nearly 2 week stretch of not buying any gear has ended. Just ordered a pair of Eminence speakers for my little JC. Damn.

At least it should sound really great after the install.

Also ordered the final few parts to reassemble the blue tele. Finally.

It should be all done in a week or so.

Dude... that is sooooo 80's.

Amplifier.jpg

Man, that had to be a serious :facepalm: moment. Sorry to hear about, and glad it can be fixed with some replacement speakers.

Man, that had to be a serious :facepalm: moment. Sorry to hear about, and glad it can be fixed with some replacement speakers.

It was.

I was kinda pissed that the computer just decided on its own to make the default device the HD 500 just by plugging it in. Good to know for future reference though.

Back