Just been booked to DJ a car show

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
Classic cars or something, I wasn't really paying attention because I'm the least cars type guy in the world :embarrassed:

It's a VW show :shrug:

They balked at my price to pull in proper sound reinforcement for a 600+ person marquee but a friend of the organiser has promised his two speakers (of which I have no clue what they are) and desk will be more than enough power for them :grin:

VW Classic Car Show? I'm guessing lots of original Beatles and Camper Vans then so basically a bunch of surfers?

Make sure you place the speakers where they will blare at the most people as they are trying to walk from one area to the other. Make it so that there is no choice but to risk permanent hearing loss to traverse the ground.

It’s how it’s done at car shows.

And be sure to play the recordings that sound most like a portable transistor radio and crank the highs as much as you can.

It’s how it’s done at car shows.

As one that has a 1963 VW Dune Buggy - and bringing it to past car shows. The DJ's have always played music from the '50's and '60's only.

As one that has a 1963 VW Dune Buggy - and bringing it to past car shows. The DJ's have always played music from the '50's and '60's only.

Not my circus, not my monkeys, if they want an 80s disco The Bangles and Jason Donovan they shall get :grin:

Not my circus, not my monkeys, if they want an 80s disco The Bangles and Jason Donovan they shall get :grin:

Exactly.

If a Bride and Groom want me to play Mustang Sally 15 times. I will play it 15 times.

Back