June Songwriting Thread

Peen Simmons

Let’s Get Obtuse!
Hows yr stuff coming along? I've got some stuff cooking, but between social obligations, gearing up for a new set of solo songs for a show, and working on my next proper record I don't know if the timing is right. If it happens, it'll be a two minutes to midnight scenario.

I'm happy to handle the Reveal this month if no one else is wants to.

If I come up with anything, it will probably be a rough demo. I have too many projects right now. A class review at school, updating my book for a second edition, preparing my fall classes for a new edition of the other text, and (hopefully) staring to record a Christmas CD. So far nothing written this month, but that could change.

The great outdoors is fighting with studio time, but I want to come up with something...and sold off a lot of gear so using valuable time to see what GAS will bring

I've got one in the bank already for this month and another that's a collaboration with @smurfco still in the works. I'm pretty excited about both of them.

I have something written but will have to find time to get it on tape. Again, it will be a rough demo; I will have John play accordion on the final version and, of course, have Sonik mix it, but that will take a couple of weeks at least.

After some of my recent forays into multi-tracking it seems that I am headed in a slightly more traditional direction at the moment. I like that I just go where things lead me, though. I won't be tied down! :hippie:

mine is almost done...should have it by the end of the day, am I that psyched?...well...idn_smilie

Last edited:
Revealed!

Figured I'd get a jump on it given the holiday weekend. If anyone was waiting until the very last minute, send it over and I'll edit.

Back