July Songwriting REVEAL!!!

Peen Simmons

Let’s Get Obtuse!
Friends and neighbors, cats and kittens...it's time for the JULY SONGWRITING REVEAL COUNTDOWN!

Legendary supergroup Smurfco is back and ready to rock every arena from Newark to OKC with their new single "Eddie."
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfl3kkpenlxpmth/Eddie_v18 update.mp3

Next up is "Dance Dance Revolution" -- another whiz-bang golly gee number #1 from rsadasiv.

Beaming in from Sirius, here is Gary Blanchard with a pocket full of "Stardust."

Swedish pop maestro mnewb1 slides onto the dancefloor with his new jam "Slide into Water."

And here's an oldie but a goodie, jaxn slim with a throwback to the Summer of Love with his new track "I Need You to Remind Me."

@smurfco - Very Beatle-esque. Great production.

@rsadasiv - I liked that. Metal dance music. Nice guitar tone.

@mnewb1 - Made me think of Depeche Mode with a touch of ABBA. (I'm a big fan of both.)

@jaxn slim - Nice mix of horns and guitar. Made me think of Carlos Santana (I'm a fan, even if he plays PRS guitars.)

@sonik - That was great. I love what you do with sound.

Great stuff, as usual. And thanks, @Peen Simmons for compiling and posting. Hopefully you'll have some more of your good stuff to post next month.

Mine is also the June submission, but as I had nothing for this month, and I do like this one...happy to see it back...I will listen to everything later tonight when not at work

Smurfco: I agree with the Beatlesque feel, but WOW really awesome song...haunting, fabulous production and arrangement = homerun
rsadasiv: good riffage, diggin drums, switch to trip hop was unexpected but much appreciated, totally tasty
Gary Blanchard: another great song...the production value keeps increasing with every new entry
sonik: I've never watched Rick and Morty...but that was sweet....the soundtrack was magnificent...I am now completely impressed!

@rsadasiv very nice riffage. For some reason the drum part mixed with the guitar riff has kind of a cool Jon Spencer Blues Explosion feel to it - and then it changes into a shuffling kind of trippy freakout towards the end. Cool stuff!

@Gary Blanchard you continue to surprise with the new tunes. I love the atmosphere of this one. Lyrically, did you draw any influence from 2001: A Space Odyssey (the Star Child), or David Bowie's "Starman"?

@mnewb1 very chill stuff - remind me, is that you singing or is it sampled? Great sense of melody. Very Tame Impala / Of Montreal.

@jaxn slim I like the interplay between the horns and everything else. Always impressed by your guitar playing (and tone).

Nice work gang!

@rsadasiv very nice riffage. For some reason the drum part mixed with the guitar riff has kind of a cool Jon Spencer Blues Explosion feel to it - and then it changes into a shuffling kind of trippy freakout towards the end. Cool stuff!

@Gary Blanchard you continue to surprise with the new tunes. I love the atmosphere of this one. Lyrically, did you draw any influence from 2001: A Space Odyssey (the Star Child), or David Bowie's "Starman"?

@mnewb1 very chill stuff - remind me, is that you singing or is it sampled? Great sense of melody. Very Tame Impala / Of Montreal.

@jaxn slim I like the interplay between the horns and everything else. Always impressed by your guitar playing (and tone).

Nice work gang!
Samples

Back