Julian Lage & Nels Cline duet album released today.

I've seen some posts about it on Facebook, but I haven't checked out any of it yet, even the teaser clips. I think maybe I'll snag it and listen on the way out to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving.

It's an interesting record, and definitely worth checking out.

I'm impressed with Lage's range and growth.

If it is anything like the Nels Cline Singers I watched on Tiny Desk Concerts, I'll stick to listening to Nels play in Wilco.

If it is anything like the Nels Cline Singers I watched on Tiny Desk Concerts, I'll stick to listening to Nels play in Wilco.

No, it's not like the Singers. It's two guitarists playing some acoustic, some electric, not much in the way of effects or distortion.

I've never been crazy about Cline's music. Though I did love his work on a recent Jenny Scheinman album.

No, it's not like the Singers. It's two guitarists playing some acoustic, some electric, not much in the way of effects or distortion.

I've never been crazy about Cline's music. Though I did love his work on a recent Jenny Scheinman album.

then I will check it out. I love Nels' playing, even with the singers, it is the rest of it I didn't like. It sounded like all of the people were playing different songs to me. I think I made it through the first song and a little bit of the second on that Tiny Desk concert.

Back