Joyo Klonz

I remember that Kickstarter. IIRC, I was extremely underwhelmed by the video demos back then.

The Joyo demo shows a more versatile range. I still don't need the amp.

She looked incredibly uncomfortable and the tone sucked.
I'm intrigued to hear how it will sound in his studio on a regular demo vid.

I'll Never buy one at that price, but I will stay tuned.

Kiana is always a bit reserved and uneasy, that's part of her nerdy charm, but she did seem to be hating it. Probably too loud and distracting like they said.

I am one of those people who can hear digital chirps. Pretty hard to tell over a computer with speakers, but that was too digital for me.

sounded terrible. dude should at the very least tune his guitar.

also, $1,500 for a joyo lololololololololololololololol

$1500 for a Joyo? No freaking way.
Agreed. That does seem a bit steep.

They wold need to vastly improve their quality control over a period of years before I would look at anything with their name on it.
I dunno, I have a couple of their pedals (Analog Chorus & Phase 90 clone), and they seem fine, but then I'm not out gigging every weekend like a lot of folks do. I think their QA will catch up, if it hasn't already, assuming they follow a similar model to Japan and Korea.

I still remember as a kid in the 70's, anything with "made in Japan" on it was considered cheap crap. Nowadays, not so much. Same goes with Korea. Hyundais were considered disposable cars when they first hit the market. Now they're trying to compete with the European luxury market.

I dunno, I have a couple of their pedals (Analog Chorus & Phase 90 clone), and they seem fine, but then I'm not out gigging every weekend like a lot of folks do. I think their QA will catch up, if it hasn't already, assuming they follow a similar model to Japan and Korea.

I still remember as a kid in the 70's, anything with "made in Japan" on it was considered cheap crap. Nowadays, not so much. Same goes with Korea. Hyundais were considered disposable cars when they first hit the market. Now they're trying to compete with the European luxury market.

I had 2 Joyo's bite the dust, chorus and delay. Maybe, I just got bad ones, but I will never buy anything from them again, even a $20 pedal.

When I tried their products at Namm (including an amp) about half of the stuff was either broken or not working as described.

Seems like a great studio tool as long as it isn't a flimsy piece of shit...

Back