Joyo AC Tone

RogerF

Scotch Bonnet
Over the holidays I purchased a new Joyo AC Tone from Amazon for $28 (including shipping). What a steal of a price! It's now back up to around $40 (including free shipping) but that is still as very good price. Very good, solid construction. It does the job. Best for direct recording or going thru a powered speaker/PA. Y'all don't want to hear my playing so I've posted the best, IMHO, demo from a good player who shows the settings and gear used.

Joyo AC tone amp sim pedal demo [HD] - direct recording by Victor Lee

I bought 2 joyo pedals years ago. The delay died in a few months but the chorus still works.

Happy new Joyo Day. How do you like it?

I have a a two Joyo pedals that I bought as a package deal; a Phase 90 clone and their analog chorus. They both work fine, but I honestly don't use either very often.

Happy new Joyo Day. How do you like it?

I have a a two Joyo pedals that I bought as a package deal; a Phase 90 clone and their analog chorus. They both work fine, but I honestly don't use either very often.

For the money I paid I have no complaints and at my skill level I've got nothing to lose. I run it direct into a Kustom 50W powered monitor. It works for me as advertised.

Joyo AC Tone Amplifier Emulation Pedal (Vox Tones)

For the money I paid I have no complaints and at my skill level I've got nothing to lose. I run it direct into a Kustom 50W powered monitor. It works for me as advertised.

Joyo AC Tone Amplifier Emulation Pedal (Vox Tones)

Cool!

My only concern with the Joyo stuff was that when I went to their booth at NAMM half of the stuff I tried (a few pedals and two amplifiers) wouldn't work and even the display stuff didn't look very well put together. @IamSeaDevil was with me. I'll go back this year (next week actually) and give them another spin!

I've got an American and the AC. Both work well for recording and I've not had any reliability issues. That said, I'm not gigging them and/or abusjng them.

You get what you pay for. IMO, these wouldn't last a week on the road. Likely cheap components on a too-thin circuit board. To top it off, they're blatant rip-offs of others work. For all of those reasons, I'll probably never get anything Joyo. That's just me, though.

Back