Johnna and the G-Allstars in Long Beach, CA

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I have been attending a jam in about 4 miles from my home since March 2015. The jam is really cool as it is an acoustic blues jam. Note: Guitars can be hollowbody electrics as well, no solid body guitars.

Tamarindos.jpg

Over that time of attending jam I have gotten extended time playing with the house band and getting to know the players. Got to the point where instead of playing 3-4 songs and I was done, I was playing a full set to sometimes two sets with the band as well as some of the jammers.

Here with the house band with CJ, Rudi and Mike Malone - keyboardist with the local favorite "The Mighty Mojo Prophets". He also plays with the Marc Ford (formally Black Crowes).

The Jam band.jpg

Playing with Johnna (singer) at the jams. Johnna is a known blues singer in the LB area and surrounding areas. She too at this time just attended the jams. As of October, Johnna is now the featured vocalist for the house band.

With Johnna.jpg

Well last month I got the invite to play in the house band as a sub for Octobers gig. What a blast that was playing not as jammer but as a band member.

G-Stars3 - S.jpg

View from the Stage - S.jpg

I even got to use my vintage Gretsch with my Fender Excelsior for the gig.

Rand 4 - S.jpg

Back