John Hiatt - Concert review

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
John Hiatt played a solo acoustic show last night at a small local club to benefit a local food pantry. I was standing roughly 25 feet from him. He played a great set of both older songs and newer ones. People started yelling out requests, so he skipped his set list and played requests.

He played an old Gibson and a PRS acoustic - I think through an old Silvertone amp (you can see part of the amp in the photo). No fancy guitar work on display. Just good, solid backing guitar (and he made it look so easy) supporting his songs. A very engaging performance.

If he comes to your town, check him out.

hiatt.jpeg

I've seen him a few times in different incarnations but it's been years. I did see him open for Emmylou Harris and he did a solo set like you describe. I'm very envious. :thu:

This morning when I went to my music room, I banged that out on the 12-string, so it was on my mind! I envy you -- I've never seen him live and would very much like to.

Jealous! I've seen him live and he is one of the hardest working men in show business. He performs his guts out every time. Great songwriter/storyteller as well.

Cool!

I would like to see him play an acoustic set like that. Saw him play with the band a few months ago and it was excellent.

Back