Joe Bonamassa???

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
Last weekend I recorded 4 or 5 programs of Joe Bonamassa in concert and I've been watching them. Does anyone else find him to be a proficient blues player with absolutely zero soul? He plays notes but they're lifeless. Just de de de de deeee de de de deeee de de.

I like his playing but not his singing. I think his albums with Beth Hart are very good.

not a fan.

seriously....if you listen/watch his solos (which are all almost exactly the same)....and then you put on eric johnson's Tones or Ah Via Musicom....and listen to HIS solos.....they're EXACTLY THE SAME.

JB puts on a good show.....but there's NOTHING original about him even tho everyone thinks so.

I like him, and quite often, he brings teh rawk.

Look, he plays guitars really loud and is a gear geek. In TYOOL 2015, considering what other utter crap is out there, what's not to like?

not a fan.

seriously....if you listen/watch his solos (which are all almost exactly the same)....and then you put on eric johnson's Tones or Ah Via Musicom....and listen to HIS solos.....they're EXACTLY THE SAME.

JB puts on a good show.....but there's NOTHING original about him even tho everyone thinks so.

I agree, and my wife refers to EJ as Eric No-Soul. Bonamassa does nothing for me. Lots of empty notes.

I like this album a lot. He seems like a decent guy, but he doesn't look the part and has to prove he gets the blues.
joe-bonamassa-driving-towards-the-daylight-cover.jpg

Last weekend I recorded 4 or 5 programs of Joe Bonamassa in concert and I've been watching them. Does anyone else find him to be a proficient blues player with absolutely zero soul? He plays notes but they're lifeless. Just de de de de deeee de de de deeee de de.

This

Back