JIM ROOT JAZZMASTER

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

d9a5d5e7fcbcda8c0c49cbbb8a859220.png

MORE ABOUT JIM ROOT JAZZMASTER®
Stark, dark and menacing, the Jim Root Jazzmaster® guitar has got to be the most distinctively minimalist version of the instrument ever devised in the model’s entire half-century history. At the behest of the towering Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist, gone are the dual tone circuits and barrage of controls. Gone are the fret position markers and enormous chrome bridge. Gone, in fact, is pretty much everything typical of a Jazzmaster guitar, replaced only by fearsome EMG® 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) humbucking pickups with brushed nickel covers, a single three-way switch, a single volume knob and a hard-tail Stratocaster bridge.

The Jim Root Jazzmaster also features a mahogany body with a comfortable contoured neck heel, satin-finish maple neck with “modern C” profile and large headstock, compound-radius ebony fingerboard (12”-16”) with 22 jumbo frets and no position markers, staggered deluxe locking tuners, black hardware and pickup bezels, and an austere Flat Black satin-nitro lacquer finish. Includes black tweed case with red plush interior, strap and strap locks, cable and polishing cloth.

SPECS
guitars-icon-general.png

General
Model Name:Jim Root Jazzmaster®, Ebony Fingerboard, Flat Black
Model Number:embarrassed:115300706
Series:Artist
Advertised Price:$1499.99
Color:Flat Black
icon-body.png

Body
Body Material:Mahogany
Body Finish:Satin Urethane
Body Shape:Jazzmaster®
icon-neck.png

Neck
Neck Material:Maple
Neck Finish:Satin Urethane
Neck Shape:Modern "C"
Scale Length:25.5" (648 mm)
Fingerboard:Ebony
Fingerboard Radius:12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
Number of Frets:22
Fret Size:Jumbo
String Nut:Synthetic Bone
Nut Width:1.685" (42.8 mm)
Headstock:Large '70s Style
Neck Plate:4-Bolt
icon-electronics.png

Electronics
Bridge Pickup:EMG® 81 Humbucking
Neck Pickup:EMG® 60
Controls:Master Volume
Pickup Switching:3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Pickup Configuration:HH
icon-hardware.png

Hardware
Bridge:6-Saddle American Series Strings-Thru-Body Strat with Block-Style Saddles
Hardware Finish:Black
Tuning Machines:grin:eluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
Pickguard:None
Control Knobs:Black Plastic
Switch Tips:Black
icon-misc.png

Miscellaneous
Strings:Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
Unique Features:Large '70s-style Headstock with Jim Root's Signature on the Back, Active EMG Pickups, Black Bezels, Contoured Neck Heel, No Position Inlays on Fingerboard Face, Side Dots Only, No Pickguard, Straplock Ready Strap Buttons, Single "T" Roller String Tree, Side Mounted Output Jack, Rear Routed Control Cavity
Included Accessories:Strap, Polishing Cloth, Cable, Straplocks, Owner's Manual

I have to say that I like hearing him talk about why he made the choices he did. Its not a guitar for me but the fact that its a signature guitar built as a tool and not a vanity project is something I can get behind.

I have to say that I like hearing him talk about why he made the choices he did. Its not a guitar for me but the fact that its a signature guitar built as a tool and not a vanity project is something I can get behind.
I'm with ya on that. Just think it's booooooooooooring.

I don't like the chrome pickups, but otherwise that's fucking hot. A mahogany JM is going to definitely way you down, but should sound pretty heavy.

Who the hell is this Jim Root dude, and why does he now have multiple Fender signature guitars?

Interesting,but not something I would buy. The price is way to high for what t is too.

I see the Jim Root models as the same basic guitar in different iconic shapes.

This one looks the coolest, IMO. Ignore the Jazzmaster name and don't compare it to an original Jazzy and you have a hot metal guitar (that I have no need for).

Back