Jesus Christ, Fender!

Jesus Christ/Fender

xJsiAgZYPWLNYzE1YcxrYng7fsiGbkRT_z0lVW7d76o.jpg

I actually dig the looks. But that street price is stupid. And the lead time is pretty dumb for a new guitar that no one has ever played.

Your best bet would be to get them out there (provided they play and sound nice) at a price point where they’re a little less than what it costs to take home an American Pro strat/tele. Then see if you can get the model to take off.

I think it does have some appeal, but it has that "thing" to it where it appears to be too much wood and not too much of anything else other than "style". I kinda like it, but wouldn't spare the space in my house for it.

Along similar lines though, I tend to prefer the look of last year's offering from Fender.
Limited Edition American Professional Offset Telecaster

s-l300.jpg

And it's under $1,500 (which still seems about $400 too high for such simplicity)
But it shares a similar trait of appearing to have too much wood to get the job done while also lacking the George Jetson vibe of the Meteroa.
0171504702.jpg

OMG Look At Its Butt
big_1471408965_image.jpg

P.S. The shipping delay is because Fender is treating this "line of guitars" like Gibson did with their Guitar Of The Month roll-out.

Huh.

I actually kinda dig it. I agree it would benefit from a Tele headstock and dot inlays, but the big 70s Strat headstock better conveys the whole Classic/Futuristic George Jetson vibe.

Price point is too high, but I'd pick one up at a more reasonable price.

Filtertrons or JM pickups, or really just something that's not yet another wall against which you can throw unused Tele/Strat pickups.

I actually really like this design. But I agree that it should be a platform for a variety of pickup/bridge combinations. Maybe add Dynasonics or Wide Range pickups to the mix, too. Otherwise, it's a Tele with a cutesie body. And I already have a Tele, so....

I like it, but that's a high price for a Fender. Is it nitro finished or something?

A boutiquey offset body at a boutiquey price. Fender is just going after a market that already exists I guess?

Maybe the case has a built in hand-wired Deluxe Reverb?

A few months ago a Telecaster shagged one of the Jetsons and here we are.

We don't need any more Tele flavours.

Back