jello's Bariatric journal...

I haven't been paying much attention to calorie counts lately since I've established an eating pattern that I know works well and gives me adequate nutrition every day...but I got curious the other day and ran a calorie count which showed me taking in between 1200 and 1500 per day...and above 70 grams of protein...

I really feel like that's too low a calorie count for a man and DEFINITELY too low a protein intake. Shoot for about 1gram/ lb of lean body mass...same with your carbs.

I haven't been paying much attention to calorie counts lately since I've established an eating pattern that I know works well and gives me adequate nutrition every day...but I got curious the other day and ran a calorie count which showed me taking in between 1200 and 1500 per day...and above 70 grams of protein...

You, sir, are a WILDMAN!!!!!!!! :thu:

Not if he's losing weight and not exercising.
I disagree...just losing "scale weight" does not mean you're losing fat. At 70 grams of protein a day I will guarantee that much of that perceived weight loss is due to the body burning muscle tissue for energy.

I disagree...just losing "scale weight" does not mean you're losing fat. At 70 grams of protein a day I will guarantee that much of that perceived weight loss is due to the body burning muscle tissue for energy.
The medical professional who runs the clinical Bariatric program has specified the nutritional targets...they also monitor me pretty closely...

I get basic exercise...walking, stationary bike...and I watch my numbers...I've entrusted my life to those people and feel good about it...

The medical professional who runs the clinical Bariatric program has specified the nutritional targets...they also monitor me pretty closely...

I get basic exercise...walking, stationary bike...and I watch my numbers...I've entrusted my life to those people and feel good about it...
Well there you have it!!!

202.4...from a starting point of 403...maybe not quite HALF but close enough...

Last edited:
Just because...

This picture was taken on August 8 last year, the day before my surgery...

...at that point in time I had already LOST about 50 pounds, weighing 355...this is the pic I show people as my "before"...

Back