Hot or Not? Jeff "Skunk" Baxter signature firebird

Copper metallic looks a lot like orange

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The nice thing is that if it has a typical Gibson finish, it might have some nice orange orange peel.

Actually, I haven't seen an orange peel finish on a Gibson in a long time. I remember in the 80's, the had tons of it, and lots of poor quality buffing. Mine (a late 90's and a 2008 ) are as smooth as glass.

The nice thing is that if it has a typical Gibson finish, it might have some nice orange orange peel.
lol
Actually, I haven't seen an orange peel finish on a Gibson in a long time. I remember in the 80's, the had tons of it, and lots of poor quality buffing. Mine (a late 90's and a 2008 ) are as smooth as glass.

The last one I saw with orange peel was a couple of Namm shows ago At Their booth when I tried a Firebird X :embarrassed:

No way. Middle pickup fail, neck heavy fail, shitty vibrato fail, and too many controls. It's not a firebird X, but it's close enough.

not my thing at all. i might try it just to see how much of a difference all those toggles make to the sound of the guitar, but that's about it.
Mostly this. It's pretty, and I like the IDEA of all those options, but I don't know if I'd use them. Plus, that trem can't be reliable, right?

Back