Jeff Neville Curly Yellow Birch Top

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/828-jeff-neville-curly-yellow-birch-top

$3,200.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
Here is a Neville T-Style Deluxe with a Curly Birch top.

Neville's T-style Deluxe has a '50s shape and a specially chambered basswood body with bookmatched tops and backs in curly maple, birdseye maple, flamed koa, and figured yellow birch. These guitars are super light with breathtaking beauty, not to mention they have a tone to die for. No wonder they are played by so many pros, including Jason Aldean and Florida-Georgia Line's new albums.

SPECS:
- Body: poplar / curly yellow birch
- Body finish: orange nitro lacquer
- Neck: curly maple w/ saplatae V-back & rosewood fretboard
- Neck size: C-shape .855 to .932
- Neck finish: clear gloss / nitro lacquer
- Radius: 12”
- Frets: medium .091 x .043
- Inlays: pearl dots
- Scale length: 25.5”
- Nut width: 1.662”
- Nut: bone

- Truss rod: double acting
- Pickups: Dawgtowns hand wound 5/2 alnico
- Pickup switching: 3 way CRL
- Controls: 250K CTS pots, K404-9 oil cap
- Hardware: nickel
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe
- Bridge: Joe Barden w/ brass compensated saddles
- Pickguard: chrome neck pickup ferrule
- Strings: 10 – 46 Elixirs, nanoweb
- Assembled on: July 24th, 2014

PRICING INFO:
- $3,200.00

I find single coil mounting rings to be horrid. They pretty kill any chance of my aesthetic appreciation of a guitar. As such, despite my massive love of Teles, this one can suck a bag of...well, you know.

I find single coil mounting rings to be horrid.

This. I get it if you are building the guitar yourself and aren't so hot with a router to get it that close around the neck pickup, but for $3200 you better be good enough to get that route done right.

I live in a state where the University of Tennessee Volunteers orange is everywhere. No more orange please!

I really try to be a rationale, polite person who really tries to only say good things about other peoples work... but really? 3200 dollars for another f'ing tele clone?

Ugh.

I really try to be a rationale, polite person who really tries to only say good things about other peoples work... but really? 3200 dollars for another f'ing tele clone?

Ugh.

I try to do that as well. There's a lot of work, tooling, planning and blood & tears that go into making guitars and I hate to rain on parades. But I gotta agree. A telecaster just isn't that hard to make and the woods aren't hyper exotic. It's poplar, fer crying out loud. I can buy that at Home Depot.

I saw the Neville booth at last year's Chicago area guitar show. Pricey Teles abounded.

Not interested.

The first time I opened this thread, I saw the pic and clicked the back button as fast as I could, as if it were Goatse. Honest.

Back