January songwriting thread.....

Here's what I got. Instrumental and doesn't have the into chords. Wrote the chords on the 10th and wrote the lead this morning as my wife went to work. Recorded on my Boss looper and the lead was done live and record via my iPhone. It sounds familiar but I can't place it. If you've heard it before please post a reference.

Guitar: Squire Standard Strat
Amp: Crate XT120R
Pedals on rhythm: Mojo Mojo
Pedals on melody: Mojo Mojo, Boss SD1, Boss CS3, Holygrail

Last edited:
Here's what I got. Instrumental and doesn't have the into chords. Wrote the chords on the 10th and wrote the lead this morning as my wife went to work. Recorded on my Boss looper and the lead was done live and record via my iPhone. It sounds familiar but I can't place it. If you've heard it before please post a reference.

That sounds great; I love the lead guitar tone. It doesn't remind me of anything particular.

so when finished, how do we upload the song...directly to the page on the 31st or send them to a central source where they will be revealed?

so when finished, how do we upload the song...directly to the page on the 31st or send them to a central source where they will be revealed?

You upload the song to which ever site you use for online storage and PM me a link to the song. On the 1st I will post all the links in a reveal thread.

Worked on my song most of the day today. I just need to record the solo and edit my drum track. Then I can mix and master.

Ok, I think I've got it finished and mastered.
I need to give it a listen on the car stereo to double check it. Then I'll send it to Dave.
Is a Dropbox link ok @Denverdave?

Should be in by the deadline. As mentioned earlier, it's for the "tiny desk" contest, so it's a 1 take deal, taken from the live video, tho we used more than one mic. I'm pretty sure I finished writing it this month, tho.

Back