January songwriting thread.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
Come one - come all.

Lets get January started right and get back in the saddle and get and original song written and recorded by January 31st. We had some amazing stuff in November and I know we can do even better this month. Well - Gary may get three or four great songs written ( :wink: ) , but for the rest of us lets get one done this month.

If you are in then post here.

I had several song ideas last month - one of which had a killer power pop feel but came to me in the shower and I forgot it. I'll work on that one next month.

I have had this idea bouncing around for the past few years about some stuff that happened when my wife and I separated about 3 years ago, but I have never worked on. I sat down today and got the chorus written (music and lyrics). That helped me have a style and though process to aim for. So I am in. Getting the lyrics right for this one is going to be a challenge.

I've got a couple things in the cooker. I'll try to write some lyrics and finish something.

shutitdown.gif

I wanted to try to record something too but I'm still not 100% up and running since my hard drive replacement. Still, I could get something down.

I have something I did saved on my PC but I can't get it to upload here. I'm not skilled in this area any help is appreciated. I have it recorded on the voice memo app and emailed to my pc. From there it's stuck. Thank you.

I basically have not been home much for over a week. No time to write at all. I have a good lyrical idea and a style I believe I want to proceed in - but I've been lacking time to invest in it. Hopefully I can a bit more this week.

OK -- I've spent the past 30 years making humorous song lyrics out of other folks' tunes, but I will attempt this month to put some words to a tune I've been working on virtually forever...

I've been working over the last week and I think Ive got the basic tracks recorded, now I need to mix and master and it should be ready by the 31st

Back