JamUp/Bias users!

I love it. I'm writing an article for the Loop Magazine about how this has pretty much replaced my pedaboard.

I've been using JamUp in the house so I can noodle without bugging anybody. It's definitely superior to Amplitube.

Bias really impressed me. I very quickly got some sounds going that are superior to any of the plugins I usually use in Pro Tools. (Eleven, Amp Farm, GTR, Guitar Rig, etc)

Though nothing can beat the real thing, I use virtual stuff pretty often when recording due to the speed and recall ability.
The effects in JamUp have a way to go to compete with Guitar Rig, but do the basic stuff pretty well. Bias + JamUp should make a pretty handy portable rig for recording.

I'm interested in it... I'd be much more interested if they were going to support Android when Google finally gives Android a proper audio subsystem in 5.0. As it is now, though, I'd have to wrestle the wife's old iPad 2 from the kid to use this. LOL

I've been using JamUp in the house so I can noodle without bugging anybody. It's definitely superior to Amplitube.

Bias really impressed me. I very quickly got some sounds going that are superior to any of the plugins I usually use in Pro Tools. (Eleven, Amp Farm, GTR, Guitar Rig, etc)

Though nothing can beat the real thing, I use virtual stuff pretty often when recording due to the speed and recall ability.
The effects in JamUp have a way to go to compete with Guitar Rig, but do the basic stuff pretty well. Bias + JamUp should make a pretty handy portable rig for recording.

Now, until I read this I just thought it was nifty.
Now, I think I'm going to buy it.

Thanks a lot...

:grin:

I'm interested in it... I'd be much more interested if they were going to support Android when Google finally gives Android a proper audio subsystem in 5.0. As it is now, though, I'd have to wrestle the wife's old iPad 2 from the kid to use this. LOL
Runs fine on my iPad 2.

I've had good results with Apogee stuff. I usually use an Apogee One, but the Jam works just works just as well.

I've had good results with Apogee stuff. I usually use an Apogee One, but the Jam works just works just as well.
I wonder if the original Line6 interface works with it. Sam Ash has them for not a lot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It should. It doesn't really care where the input is. I've used Apogee and IK Multmedia stuff with no problems.

What I have noticed is, you do have to be a little funky with the input selector in JamUP. It won't say "digital input" but rather right and left, so you have to know where your input would sit in this.

all right. I hate GarageBand on the ipad. I had a whole thing recorded and accidently erased it so here is a quick redo:

I saw this thread last night and listened to some YouTube demos. I downloaded JamUp and Bias this morning and I'm highly impressed. I plugged my iPad into some cheap Kustom powered monitors and it sounds great. Could be the best practice rig I have. I'm going to try some recording with Garage band this afternoon.

I need to find some sort of speaker to use. Or better headphones. I was using my ear buds for the iPhone when is made my clip.l. Definitely a great sounding app but mixing in GarageBand with ear buds is for the birds.

Back