Achtung! James Franciscus/Oscar

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski

:rawk:

I wish MJR would involve the keyboard player and the bass player a bit in the writing process though. The last two albums, and it sounds like this new one too, the keys have been pretty much absent, and the bass has been/is buried in the mix.

pretty spiffin guitar work but were those lyrics written by a 10 year old? Geez, i knew prog lyrics tend to be pretentious twaddle but this is just... :facepalm:

pretty spiffin guitar work but were those lyrics written by a 10 year old? Geez, i knew prog lyrics tend to be pretentious twaddle but this is just... :facepalm:
I know, right?

I was looking forward to this release. Now, I'm not so sure. If I dislike it, maybe Flamencology will like it? idn_smilie

I know, right?

I was looking forward to this release. Now, I'm not so sure. If I dislike it, maybe Flamencology will like it? idn_smilie

MR is a monster player though and by the sound of it, he's moving away from being an Yngwie carbon copy.

I like it. In this band I want the keys to be subservient and the guitar out front. Romeo is possibly one of the top metal guitarists in the came who is still exciting to hear. They've written better lyrics, but I'll take this over the far reaching, self-indulgent emo that passes for pop and mainstream rock lyrics these days. It's evocative, works in the context of the music, and utilizes universal themes and space. Then again I like graphic novels, sci-fi, and film noir. I have no use for pretentious exercises in faux deepness.

I never thought Romeo was an Yngwie clone. The music has an epic quality ala Trilogy or Fire & Ice, but his guitar technics are far more advanced. His tapping is first rate and very inventive.

:rawk:

I wish MJR would involve the keyboard player and the bass player a bit in the writing process though. The last two albums, and it sounds like this new one too, the keys have been pretty much absent, and the bass has been/is buried in the mix.

The keyboard player (Mike Pinnella) was the keyboard department manager when I worked at GC. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Ok, the new single has better lyrics:

And the music has a slight nod back to their song Accolade, Accolade II and The Sacrifice off of their Paradise Lost album.

Back