Dig it! I've never had one of these before...

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Fender two button pedal that is....I've had this amp for 20 years and I used to have a 1974 Super Reverb that I had "blackfaced" for several years but neither had the pedal. Since I got this back from Kevin Nelson and it sounds better than ever I decided to order the pedal for it when I ordered my new gig bag (Mono m80, yo!) and I tried it in class last night. Having the amp trem handy is pretty cool and it is a great sounding trem to boot. Not sure how often I'd use the reverb button but its cool to have. The amp with those few pedals is a pretty nice sounding rig now....

10898136_10153058064672425_7323217057850682174_n.jpg

When I had my DRRI I used the pedal a bit.

What is the red pedal? I cannot quite make out the writing.

When I had my DRRI I used the pedal a bit.

What is the red pedal? I cannot quite make out the writing.
Its a Mojo Hand Rook - kinda like a good Tube Screamer. I go back and forth with selling it because it never makes it into my main rig but it seems to work nicely in this setting:

Mark, I've got the 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, and I've tried a lot of combination of pedals with it. With that 2 button footswitch, I'm coming to the conclusion that the way I first heard this amp (with the footswitch) is simply the way it sounds the best. It's just a sweet amp.

I just got the single foot switch for the Frontman, and it does a nice job of flipping between the clean and overdrive channels. I do miss having an amp with tremolo, though.

Strange about foot pedals for amp control. The only one I own that comes to mind was my Mesa Boogie Mark IIB. Outside of that I never really did anything like that. The only thing remotely similar was when I ran my rack system.

I've not heard any pedal that can successfully replicate the tremolo on my Allen Encore. They're getting closer on reverbs, but I haven't had a need to check them out. The verb & trem are integral parts of my sound now.

Strange about foot pedals for amp control. The only one I own that comes to mind was my Mesa Boogie Mark IIB. Outside of that I never really did anything like that. The only thing remotely similar was when I ran my rack system.

I'm mostly a single channel amp guy too so the last amp with a pedal I actually used was my old Silver Jubilee Marshall. And my shitty rack.

I've not heard any pedal that can successfully replicate the tremolo on my Allen Encore. They're getting closer on reverbs, but I haven't had a need to check them out. The verb & trem are integral parts of my sound now.

I've got the trem on both my Silvertone and this amp that are killer. The Styrmon Mobius does a good job but if I were recording something I'd use one of the amps first.

Amp trems always sounded best to me. I love the trems on old Ampegs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back