I've never had a meatball parm sub.

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
This ends tomorrow. :mad:

I'm using a recipe from the new Bourdain cookbook (which is excellent BTW). My only worry is finding worthy bread, I might have to drive to the corksniffer foodie grocery to make sure I can get some good ones.

Will report back later...

If you can't find a good roll. Put whatever roll you get in the oven and make it a grinder. Also good way to melt the cheese.

I think the hardest part is getting the humidity right...spraying the inside of your oven w/ water from a spray bottle is pretty crude but can get you close with some practice.

*buuurp*

It was a lot of effort, but so tasty.

The meatballs and sauce were both amazing, and will get used in other applications, like on top of a steaming mound of pasta.

:thu:

What's the recipe?

It's in this book:

51QdAt6sCTL._SX394_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I imagine Bourdain is a polarizing dude, but if you appreciate his style the book is recommended. I've made 6 or so recipes in it so far, they have all been good and a couple were amazing.

I think the secret lies in the bread...a good Portuguese type roll or torpedo is what it's all about.

Agreed. The bread is crucial for any sandwich effort. The ones I used this time were pretty good, but I think i can do better next time.

Back